• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fishing and ice reports

I havent gone out icefishing yet but plan to this weekend. We need to get this wisconsin forum going this is pathetic. last year it was much better. so if you have any ice conditions or fishing reports post here i will during this weekend. Good luck

i saw the first ice fishing of the year by the outside of webster on opener of deer season (yes, out of state plates). we drove by the clam narrows this morning, and about a dozen people were out ice fishing. i think most lakes are froze over completely, but i'd stick to the bays.

Hell all. When and if we get some ice here on Lake Onalaska, I will definitely be giving reports. I will be on the lake just about everyday ( laid-off every winter, sure sucks, LOL). I mainly fish for gills, crappie, perch, bass, and northern, wait that is everything in the lake. If it is anything like last year it is going to be an awesime year again. This fall was one of the best I have seen for bull gills. If anybody is going to be fishing there ket me know, I am always willing to show somebody around the lake. Now we need to think ice!! I am going through withdrawls. Got all the fishing stuff ready except need to put the tarp back on the trap. Auger running, poles rigged, vex charged, and clothes all laid out, I AM READY!! See ya on the ice.

Without ice, ice reports can be difficult. Comeing off the deer/gun week, which is an annual hoilday for most residents, also puts a damper on things. The up and comeing weeks should improve. I agree, lets see some reports, ice conditions, fish activity, whatever. Some more of "this is how I did" vs "how do you do this" is always appreciated. FM is all about shareing information. Questions, if can be, will be answered happily. Reports and results help out tremendously, and help stimulate the forums. Anyone been out fishing lately?

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

I got out icefishing thursday night here in St croix county. Went out on Cedar lake for and couple of hours for some walleye. 3.5 to 4 inches of ice already. there was 3 other groups out fishing. ended up with 2 walleye both around sixteen inches. Cought them on tip ups, wasnt having much luck jigging however. was sure glad to get out on the lake. good luck this weekend

Pbowhunter, without giving specific spots,where do you generally go on Cedar lake?I live in Hudson and haven't ice fished there in years.Have you heard of anyone trying Bass lake near Somerset? I think I'm going to drive out there and see if anyone is out there yet.Good Luck Fishing!!!

My dad has been out on some of the lakes in the Barnes area, ice marginal as of Tuesday. Couple of cold nights this week should have helped. I am planning on getting out somewhere this weekend and will post.

Hey Sinker - I tried Pine Lake right next to Bass (Somerset) last year and caught average sized bluegills and a few flags. The guys I talked to on Bass said they were catching the same with a few smallish crappies mixed in.

Well folks, I went ice fishin' today at Lake Onalaska. Yipppeeee!!!!! I was so pumped, it has been what seemed like forever to get back on the hard water. I went out in front of Schaefer's Boat Livery. The ice was a good 3-4 inches out to about 60 yards or so. After that it dropped down to 1 inch. Water depth was between 3 and 6 feet where I fished. I was using a green rat finke and a pink/white marmooska, tipped with a waxie. When I found the fish they were definitely hungary. I did not have the vex, thought I would try it the old fashion' way. Boy, I sure missed the vex. I also saw people fishing at Black Deer, which was very questionable ice. Also reports of people fishing along Fishermans Road as well as Third Lake in Trempeleau. I wore a life jacket today on my endeavor. I am sure everyone already knows this but be safe out there, keep safety on the top of the list. Now get out there and have some FUN!!!

Pax, I don't know where Pine lake is but the Bass lake I'm talking about is SE of Somerset off of county highway "I".Anyway,I was there friday night from 4:30-7:30.There was a little spot of open water out in the middle of the north end bay,but there was 3+" if you stayed within 150-200 yards of shore.I caught some nice bluegills and one nice crappie.Great to get out again.Good Luck Fishing!!!

Bass lake on I is okey i never fish it because there are better lakes around. the south side seem to be better on the lake than on the north. Pine lake really is a poor lake it has a lot of crappies but very small same with the northerns. i was fishing on the north side of cedar. Went out this weekend for some northerns and had a blast fished on the St Croix around osceola. ended up catching 11 northerns between two guys biggest 5.3 lbs

Hi. Im planning on going to northern wisconsin next week for an ice fishing trip. I'm looking for a great walleye lake to fish on in that area. Does anybody have any suggestions for were i should try.

------------------
Walleye King

all of that rain that we got up here put some water on top of the lakes around st.croix county. Know were getting around 8 inches of snow. I hope the snow melts to water cause its supposed to be around the teens for a high for as long as i can see on the forcast. I hope to get out fishing in the next couple of days

went out fishing on squaw lake in st croix county thursday night. 5.5 inches of ice on the lake went out from 4:30 to 6:30 for some crappies. Had a hard time finding them only cought 7 and lost a couple at the hole. was using glow in the dark jigs with a crappie minnow. jigging one rod and using an icebuster on the other. they werent too hungry with it being -16 below last night.
i plan on going out this weekend for some northerns for pickling

went out on a lake in st croix county for some jumbo perch and northern on sunday morning. cought 8 northerns and couldnt find many perch but cought quite a few small crappies and an 11 inch crappie as well as a bigger one that got off at the hole. was out from 9 till 12:30. am going to go out monday night to a different lake for some night time crappies. nice to have the temperatures a little warmer than it was a couple of days ago. I hope we dont form to much more ice to fast otherwise everyone will be out fishing. They can stay off with their cars and trucks and leave the lakes to me.

fished St croix county squaw lake. 7 inches of ice on the lake. went out for crappies monday night 4 to 7. only ended up catching 6 crappies. So far this year have had a hard time catching the crappies. Spotting them on the vex but cant get them to bite. Will raise a couple feet to check out my presentation but cant get a strike. most of the strikes came from my second pole with a bobber. I cant wait to eat some fresh crappies

pbow,

Try using something smaller. Are you using waxies? Try a small glow pimple with a few waxies on it. Sometimes this change of pace really works. The ones that don't want to bite are sometimes the biggest ones...especially if they are off the bottom a ways.