• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

leaving up portables?

Has anyone heard of talk they may allow you to leave up portable treestands during the gun season? maybe next year? I would still like to know who takes them up and down daily anyway? Except for climbers. Ladderstands are very tough to put to up and down daily, especially in the dark! Thanks.

I haven't heard of any new regulations on this issue. As it stands now, tree stands must be completely removed from public lands at the end of each day. How many people actually do this, I dont know. I've seen plenty of stands without hunters in them, more permanant ladder types than portables. While woodcock hunting on Marathon county land a week ago I seen a really, really nice climbing stand left vacant. I should've removed and confiscated it seeing that it was in violation. grin.gif I dont think this law is enforced heavily, but none the less, as of this year it's still illegal to leave your stand up at the end of the day.

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck