• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
10 poyntr

leaving up portables?

Has anyone heard of talk they may allow you to leave up portable treestands during the gun season? maybe next year? I would still like to know who takes them up and down daily anyway? Except for climbers. Ladderstands are very tough to put to up and down daily, especially in the dark! Thanks.

I haven't heard of any new regulations on this issue. As it stands now, tree stands must be completely removed from public lands at the end of each day. How many people actually do this, I dont know. I've seen plenty of stands without hunters in them, more permanant ladder types than portables. While woodcock hunting on Marathon county land a week ago I seen a really, really nice climbing stand left vacant. I should've removed and confiscated it seeing that it was in violation. grin.gif I dont think this law is enforced heavily, but none the less, as of this year it's still illegal to leave your stand up at the end of the day.

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• You know Dave if you wouldn't have bought an over priced pellet grill you could have had lobster with steak chunks instead of shrimp sausage! 😉
    • I checked the same area today but no luck. It could be someone else's honey hole or just a loner. I will keep looking! I enjoy the search, harvest and eating of mushrooms. I wish I would have found this hobby earlier in life!
    • Listened to my alarm this morning and went back to the rush. This time I went to an access point farther downstream. I found out that nothing gets your heart pumping in the morning like almost stepping on a baby deer! Little guy waited until the absolute last second to pop up and run away. Grass was only about a foot high, but I would have never seen him even if I was looking for him. Action was pretty slow, only caught 4 brownies. Lost a few others. This “new” spot has some potential. Looked like some promising spots farther downstream, that I just didn’t have the motivation to explore today.
    • Shrimp boil on my overpriced pellet grill up at the camper.  
    • I was out there New year's Eve and the day before just west of Birch Island and it was very slow (AND COLD!) 
    • That sounds all fine and dandy, but it is NOT the way it works... MOREL 101--If it was that easy there would be morel farms. I picked 7+ pounds today in 2 hours, 95% were within 50 yds of each other. All were probably from the same organism that 'lives' under the surface, when it is damaged from a disturbance in the soil AND it's symbiotic 'friend' (tree) is killed, the massive organism produces fruits (morels). The ones you leave behind simply dry up and sprinkling spores all over the country side is not going to make them grow everywhere. I know why my spots are only good for a year, wouldn't matter if any shrooms were harvested or not. I already know where I will be picking them next year!! I've developed a successful pattern😉 P.S. if anybody wants any I have filled my orders and have a fridge full again.
    • From the little bit I’ve researched morel harvesting, back when I actually DID hunt them, the common advice was to not over-harvest a spot, cut with a knife above the ground, and carry in a mesh bag so spores can disperse a little while you’re hauling them out of the woods.   It always seemed to make sense to me.
    • Congrats Minky!     I’m at a small lake in da middle of nowhere and haven’t had time to look and hardly enough signal to even view the forums. 😊