• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sturgeon / Menominee river

Are you talking about the Menominee in Marinette/Menominee? If yes, the guys are fishing sturgeon and catching them. Mostly on the Michigan side. Nightcrawlers and cutbait for bait. The salmon are in pretty thick in the rivers as well.

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

Yep that's the one. Any word on water levels? Just curious if the drought in MN is similar over there or have they had recent rains. I know the river is ever changing but looking for whatever info I can find. Thanks.

The water is about the same it always is. There's never much water there to begin with. Probably the deepest water you'll find is off the fishing pier, and off the shoreline close to the dam on the Wi. side. Downstream from the bridge the water is, and always is a couple feet deep. If you want to catch salmon, I would reccomend going to Little River in Marinette. It's no more than 4 miles from the Menominee. Shoreline Drive runs along the lake off hwy B by the hospital. The mouth is right next to the golf course. You can fish there. Or drive South from the mouth untill you come to the first road on the right, take that for about a 1/2 mile to the stop sign, go right to the first left(1/2 mile) and take that for a 1/4 mile. You'll come to the "cess Pool", a culvert under the road with a pool, my fishing spot. The fish stack up thick in there and limits can come quick! I'll probably be there Saturday or Sunday. Also planning to fish walleye on Little Bay De Noc. Good Luck, and let us know how you did!! PS: Take a peek at the Fish Fever segment "Mark's Salmon", you'll get a good picture of what it looks like. Hopefully I'll see some Mn. plates on some vehicles!

------------------

Fished the Wausaukee area for the first time for sturgeon with a buddy and his son. In a day and a half we boated 41 sturgeon and numerous suckers. Biggest fish were two 47" and one 41" No legals at 50" or better. All on crawlers. Great time and will definitly do again.

Sgt. Rock, glad to here of your success! Ive been hearing of good catchs numbers wise, but not real big ones. I stopped down on the Menominee on Saturday looking for salmon, only seen a few fish caught and "jumping" around. Little River had no fish, but the Peshtigo had quite a few by the dam. Lots of fisherman though. Funny how rain and weather can have such an impact on the fish runs. Ended up going to LBDN to shore fish walleye, sucks to not have your boat along! frown.gif . Ended up with 7 walleye, fishing 4-5" suckers on a slip sinker rig from 9pm-1am Saturday night. Oh well, it was a nice drive anyways, had my girlfriend and another couple along to enjoy the nice fall weather, and idle the time away.

------------------