• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mead Wildlife area

Anyone that's hunting the Mead in central Wi. should know that it's bone dry. I took a walk out to the Honey Island Refuge area today to scout out my duck openers location. Most of the marsh, to include the refuge areas had very little water. The pump house was filling the marshs, but there's no way that they'll be filled by openers. The few areas with water will concentrate large numbers of hunters. However I did see quite a few flocks of birds buzzing around, and had a flock of about 20 geese fly 40 yds over my head.....But only 19 continued to fly. grin.gif The goose season is open in Wi. so I had my friend, dog, and gun along. My friend left his gun in the truck thinking we'd be right back, all I could hear was cursing as the geese were directly overhead. In a couple of hours and were heading back out, this time he'll be armed with a gun, and not a stick!

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck