• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Horseshoe Lake-Turtle Lake, WI

Has anyone ever fished (or heard of) Horseshoe Lake in Turtle Lake, WI? I'm headed up there this weekend. Never been there before and will be right on the lake. I'm wondering what kind of fish, structure, colors, etc...? Any info would be much appreciated.

I was up on Horseshoe Lake this weekend and it was a perfect weekend to be fishing. Very little boat traffic and excellent bass fishing. I was using senkos in pumpkinseed and Rapala DT's in firetiger and doing really well. In a 3 hours I had caught 8 bass in the 10-14'' and one 2.5 pounder. Also pulled in a 26'' northern. So nothing big, but an excellent bite which keeps your hopes up for the one that comes in at the 4-5lb mark.

There is a lot of shoreline cover to work, fallen trees, shallow weed flats, etc. Senkos worked best in the shallows because of the heavy vegetation. I caught most of my bass in fairly shallow cover, 2-5ft of water. Although I marked a lot of fish in the deeper drop-offs.

And I can't complain about the lake, it was beautiful! Wisconsin woods...nothing beats it!