• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gone on Spearing Trip 26th-31st

bassNspear

Its that time of year again, making my way up with Central Bassman to Andrusia for our spearing trip that we take every year. Sounds like the water is clear again, but there is a ton of ice (13-16) and ton of snow (foot). This is a awesome spearing trip that we take every year. If anyone is going to be around the area, look me up, black Canvas Craft Northlander!

Hope you all have a great X mas and ill chat with you all when i get back!

I will help him cut this hole because he will be helping me cut mine smile Hope fully this year we will see some big fish, last year i never threw the spear at all. Passed up on some good fish but thats ok, I will wait for the big one.

Going to LOW is fun but just isn't what it used to be up there, Good luck Elwood!!

report from Andrusia

We got to the lake around 11 today, after driving in some nice weather and great roads smile

There is so much snow up here in the lakes its tough to get out. We had 3 wheelers and 2 cats running around to get the 7 houses out and get everyone situated.

As im sure most of you know, we set up grandpa and the old man, and the young guys like us, have to set up last. Dad seen a few little fish but passed on them, and Grandpa see 3 fish, which one was about 4 lbs, but didnt get the chance to spear it.

We are going to be hitting it pretty hard tommorrow all day. Dont have to worry about setting up the houses or doing anything like that. Can drive out and relax in the house all day.

Ill have a report tommorrow being that we have the blackberry hooked up to the lab top!

What a day a day makes. Weather was horrible. Misting most of the day till about 1:30, and then the sun came out and we enjoyed the NICE weather.

As far as fished speared, I seen 17 fished today from 9-4. I ended up spearing a 25, 27, and a 37.5 incher.

I am trying to get the photo up of the 37.5 but the internet is getting slow and slow here, so i will try and get it up if i can. If not, will do it when i get back.

there very clear. I sent photos to wayne so i hope he can get them up for me soon.

We seen over 40 fish so far. Took 14 total so far. Biggest one today was 5 lbs. took alot of 3 lbs that are good eaters. Great to get all these guys out to see fish!

Report tommorrow again!

we have taken a ton of photos that we will upload when i get home so i have internet that is fast. Central im sure will be posting most of them when we get back.

As far as the wind goes, it might be a bit windy, but its not going to keep me off the lake today!