• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Jeff S

What can I expect from Devils Lake?

I got a 3 day guided ice fishing package on Devils lake for Christmas. What can I expect and is there a better time of the winter to go up?

Thanks for the help.

Later March is great. If the guide your booked with is a active fish hunter perch walleye and pike should be on the days venue and very catch able.

Have a good selection of Lindy Rattling Fliers on hand, expect to feed a few to pike. Silver blue's and chartreuse work well. A few #4 Hot Perch Chubby Darters, a few #4 Red Tail Chub Chubbys, a few #4 Orange glow dace Chubbys, a selection of Halie jigs, some Little Atoms scented plastics in red and chartreuse...and your set.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Fishing_Novice gets 4th win of season with 343 2--Juneau4                          295 3--icefishinnut                     284 4--gregg52                           259 4--BlackLundProV              259 6--mnwildman                     188 7--fishingstar                       103 ___________________________________________ Season Totals 1--Juneau4                          5513 2--Fishing_Novice              5370 3--gregg52                          5279 4--icefishinnut                    5133 5--mnwildman                    5100 6--BlackLundProV             5041 7--fishingstar                      4945    On to New Hampshire for the Lobster trophy 🏁                   
    • I had this exact model for many years and it even ran for several years after my wife ran straight gas in it and seized it up one day when I wasn't home. After it cooled down and I replaced the gas in the tank with mixed fuel, it started right up but always had a knock after that.
    • I came through Pennsylvania to get here at least and there isn’t a Maryland forum so here goes:   I have a couple extra days later this week and a car to go wherever.  I’ve been looking for a guide or charter to get on the water but am having more trouble than expected.  The Chesapeake Bay charters for stripers run up to 6 in a group but don’t mix groups so jumping on an unfilled boat doesn’t seem to be an option. I’ve been working with one captain willing to try but no dice yet.  I could have the whole boat to myself for $600 I suppose...   So anyway, is there anyone who has a suggestion, contact, or even a boat in the Maryland area for ANY kind of fishing?  Honestly I’m pretty open but would prefer something coastal.  Have car, will travel.   I talked to a guy with a sweet jet boat at The Point of Rocks on the Potomac yesterday but he doesn’t guide.  But that could be an option too.  Might head to Niagara Falls after I’m done in Baltimore so NY state so there’s another one.   Yep, this is an official Wanderabout.
    • Tonight I caught crappie, bass, big bluegills, rock bass, pike and a snapping turtle.... All after 11pm!  Try it sometime, tiny black jigs for big nocturnal bluegills. Loud Black topwaters for Pike n bass. Bring extra flashlight batteries and bug spray, lots of bug spray!!!
    • Those old 2 strokes just keep running forever.
    • I will take it where are you located ? Will be gone next week fishing be back week of 22nd. I am using a 80's model lawnboy push for trimming be nice to have a backup newer model.
    • I have caught fish on the slide diver but I don’t notice  any difference from the regular Dipsey diver and they are a pain in the one-just-like-silly-me to set up. I have Dipsy’s in all kinds of different colors and I can’t tell if that makes a difference either. I have one that actually will glow in the dark    
    • Well that is some great news!  Thanks for the tip, we are going to check that out.  
    • True Dat And they got carp for gas mileage.   And rusted out in only a few years.
    • Try dipping a line in the Kasilof if the Kenai doesn’t treat you right.