• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

apostle islands?

I had a great time out there last weekend. Fished all of Fri, part of Sat, and 3hours Sunday - 26 fish.
2 were nice coho, 24 were trout.
Of the trout 2 were siscowet.
Had to release 7 fish due to their large size.
Good luck.

I have a few questions about fishing around the Bayfield/Apostle islands area if anyone can help?-My girlfriend and I are planning on a roadtrip to Bayfield the 1st weekend of Sept and were wondering if we should take my 16' boat w/ a 25Hp and if we could safely boat out and around the islands? What are the chances are of catching some trout/salmon flatlining that time of year? If we don't do the boat thing is there any decent shorefishing that time of year and can anybody recommend and good places to camp or special restuarants to eat at? Appreciate any info and tightlines to all!
redhooks

Lots of questions there, but I'll see what I can do.
First, fishing. Catching fish flatlining is tough, unless ytou have some planer boards of some sorts. The fish should be coming up off the deeper depths soon, especially South of Bayfield with the salmon and Browns. However, you have to recognize that you can get in trouble in a hurry with a 16ft boat. Can you do it? Yes. Do you have to be really cautious. Oh yeah.
Sorry, but I don't know about shorefishing there.
There are lots of campgrounds. I like the WestEnd Campground in Washburn, and the Sand Point Campground. But there are lots of other ones too. Sorry, but we don't eat out a lot there. This isn't too much information, but I hope it helps.

Thanks for the info Evntam-every bit helps. I think I may just leave the boat due to a lack of deep water gear and other items required by the coast guard (marine radio and flares)-Hunting season is commin up quick so I'll let her have this weekend so I can play harder the next couple weeks. I will throw a couple rods in the trunk and do some casting off shore just to see what happens. Thanks for the info-good luck and tightlines!
redhooks