• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Garage door opener button question

giddyup99

Small problem that is driving me nuts. I currently have only one opener button near my entrance into the house from the garage...I want another near the door exiting the garage outside.

When I hook up the two buttons; the buttons themselves work fine, but when I go to use a remote, the opener does not work and the opener blinks in a sequence indicating that a remote attempted to open the door when the switch is in "vacation" or locked mode.

I called a local garage door co. and explained the issue and they said to go get a standard doorbell button instead of the second opener button made by the opener manufacturer because the two buttons were conflicting with each other. This made sense to me as I have seen this sort of setup before, but it didn't work and the same problem code is indicated.

The opener is made by Linear and both buttons have a pair of wires running to each. Do I need to wire the two buttons together somehow?

You should just hang a remote where the pushbutton is. I think you will have problems with two pushbuttons because of the rolling code that is on linear openers. Each pushbutton has it's on computer board this is where the problem happens. This is a good question, I currently sell that brand and have never tried this. Probably why the outside keypad is not hardwired. So one pushbutton and all the remotes you want.

You need two wire for each button,Parallel wont work the 2nd button will disrupt current.

I have a chamberlan opener working with two doorbell buttons wired seperatly 4 wires to the opener,and a remote in the car that works also.

What brand is yours? Have you tried to reset frequencies,or change them? Or just push the reset button?