• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canadian Lake Trout Lakes

You might want to post on the canadain forum as well, but i have fished Lake Trout on Crow Lake in the summer but will be making my first winter trip come february. You may also look into whitefish bay area on lake of the woods,sioux narrows area. White otter was a very fun place to go, also Anishanabe but not sure if you can get in there in the winter as well. You may want to check out Crow Lake for a start though. Sounds like the Thorne Bros. outing is the Funspot to be in February and a good place to get some learning in too! Thats what i am going for!

As mskyfshntchr mentioned we have very good trout fishing on lower manitou lake as well as a bunch of our surrounding lakes. We also have a good walleye lake that is just a 10 minute ride from the camp. Here you get the best of both worlds a remote island retreat without the crowds and you get some of the best Trout fishing right out your cabin window as well as some good walleye fishing just minutes away.

We also have a few Arctic Cat Bearcats to rent if you need them.

If you have any questions, just email me at [email protected] you can also click the link below for more info.

No matter where you end up going, just remember that the best laker fishing is in January. It is typically the most consistant and productive of the hardwater season. The later months are good, but not as consistant each day. If you are loooking at only 1 trip, my advice is a January trip. I'm sure other serious trout fisherman will agree.

Mstark83, the thorne bros outing is listed on the thornebros HSOforum in the message boards. Under thornebros events. You may have to scroll down the page to find it. I have added a link but am unsure if it will work or not. It is also listed on the muskie bay resort site too, under message boards.

http://www.thornebros.com/messageboard/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2891#Post2891

My vote would be Manitou. Contact Outfitter about lodging etc,,,I've fished Crow as well, and had a great experience at Muskie Bay Lodge. The owner Paul is a great guy. My opinion, you have a better chance at a big one on Manitou. Whitefish Bay (LOW) is also a great laker fishery...I've never fished it, but heard good reports there. Big fish...be sure to check regs. Good luck!

I'm in agreement with SuperBee, the earliest trip will net the best results. We fish Pipestone, two trips one Jan then Feb or Mar. Best fishing is definetely early Jan. Last two winters have been brutal temp wise so you need to be well prepared. How good is it? Well, on tip-ups the line is usually to the end before you can get to the tip up.

Hi TB, I am sure I will see you up the lake this year. When will you be up? I might have to stop by and see how you guys are doing. Pipestone is excellent lake trout water. Not many lakes are as good, you need to learn it a bit, but the rewards are great and there are alot of other lakes that can be accessed as well like Helena, Dash, Loonhaunt, Kaishkons, Campbell, Dads, Slender, Bethune, Yoke, Bluffpoint, & Sullivan for more laker action. Then there are some good smaller walleye lakes for more fishing opportunities.

Hey guys, I've got a second Lake Trout trip planned this year with Musky Bay Resort and when I booked it I was told to contact a Robin on this forum and he would tell me all the secrets to catching trout on Crow. LOTWFISHER are you this person?

Me and my buddie have never fished Crow in the winter before. In truth last winter was the first time I tried for lake trout north of the border through the ice. I've fished Crow this past summer with a different buddy and we caught some fish but I didn't steal all his hot spots like a good fisherman normally would. We are REALLY hoping that we can get around on ATV's the end of January because neither of us own sleds and really don't want to rent/borrow them. I'll be watching for posts from you for the rest of the month for updates on snow/slush conditions when you're talking with others.

As of right now, there is no chance for trucks or 4 wheelers. The good news is in less than 2 weeks the weather networks are calling for some warm weather that will settle the snow and bring the slush up. Ofcourse it is a long way away and I am sure the weather report will change a few times before then. I will post conditions when they change.

Hey Cootz,

Right now travel with 4 wheelers is impossible unless you have tracks. Sled travel is pretty much it for now. It is going to take alot to freeze up the slussh with all the snow. Things can quickly, but we will just have to wait and see. I will keep you posted on the current conditions for Dogfly and the Manitou area.