• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

coyote electronic call Q

tanman

just got a johnny stewart pm-4

wondering what sounds you are using for yotes ...do you do two at once or what? i have heard howls and rabbit cries together works well..... any ideas would be helpfull

i dont have the pm-4 I've got the first one so i'm not quite sure what sounds you all have.

It depends on the area your hunting also. For instance if your by a farm place that has lots of cats the housecat in distress will work. Or if they have animals like sheep,goats,ect. the kidgoat in distress will work.

There are 2 distinct calls that i have found that right after i play them the yote or yotes show up. They are the coywolf and the coyote/fox fight. The coywolf is more mature howls and barks.

Then there is the rabbit in distress! Works good untill you have other guys calling in the same area using the same call or calling in a spot you have shot or got busted by a yote. Its more trial and error than anything.You could try a call and nothing would commit and then the next time you try it boom there they are.

I'm also interested what others have success with.

use the sounds nobody else use/seldom use if your in a heavily hunted area.. i've had good luck with the pleading chicken and throwing in a couple barks. but theres no guarantee on any sound, it's what trips their trigger at the time. you'll be hooked for life after you call in your first mutt, it may take a few attempts be persistant one will show up.