• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AGM style battery for ATV?

Gus

I just picked up a AGM battery at Fleet Farm for my 06 700 EFI Polaris. Does anyone else use this type? It was recommended as the premium battery and is suppose to take bouncing around much better than the standard. Sure was pricey too. Anyone use one and care to comment? I also picked up one for the snowmobile. I manage to kill a battery in that every year or two if I'm lucky as well. Starting to think the battery gods are against me...

I have a Dekka AGM (absorbed glass matt) it hasnt given me any trouble. The maintenance free design and the AGM format is far stronger and more powerfull than the drycell.

I am quite sure that the Polaris brand maintenance free are supplied by Deka. They have the same look and model number but from polaris they are a little more pricey!

I just bought an AGM for my wheeler too.

I use them in my boat, and they are GREAT. Spendy, but worth the money in the boat. I'm hoping for the same results in the wheeler. I seem to go through a battery every year or two.

KC

Maintence free is not quite right. These types of batteries will need to be maintained if not used for a period of time or they will desulfate. The maintenence free part comes form not needing to add electrolyte or water to the battery.

I strongly suggest a maintenence charger if you plan on not using the ATV for a month or longer.