• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fished straight out from the river east of the can 7/24. 95-125 FOW. Only out for a few hours, but managed 6 fish with a lot of misses. Started fishing at 6 pm till dark and had fish throughout. Dipsys,dodgers/flys,spoons,and spoons on boards caught 2 of the fish. It's only starting to heat up! can it be luck?

Fished 8/4 from 1- 7 pm. 90-190 FOW. 2 man limit of 10 fish caught. 5 kings,3 bows,1 coho,and 1 laker. Went 10 for 12, what a great day! smile.gif The action was red hot today and I seen a lot of others catching fish too. Started with 3 flashers and flys and 2 spoons, but soon switched to 3 spoons and 2 F/fly all on dipsys. The first 3 fish came on spoons, thus the switch. Pearl,blue/white,green/blue/black colored spoons, the flys were a mix of blue/green/silver.45 ' out on a 0 setting, 65' on 2, and 90' on 3. The bite was very consistant, no doubles but enough time to recover from the last fish before the next. Did not mark a lot of fish on the electronics, but the first fish and several others were marked, and no more than 2 minutes later, fish on! Cleaning fish I noticed all were stuffed with alewives. Finally the fish have started their Fall patterns and are putting on the feed. To others with questions about Lake Michigan, the fish are hitting everywhere on the lake as of today. You can probably expect great fishing throughout the rest of summer and fall. can it be luck?

Capt, I imagine you'd be comeing in on Hwy 29. 29 ends in Kewaunee. At the stop sign you'd hang a left and go over a bridge(Kewaunee River). The launch is on the left side (6-8 ramps,$4 fee,cleaning station). From the launch you'd head out the river to the lake, 1/4 mile. You'll be heading east, continue to head east towards "the can", which is the only one you'll see. I continue east till I hit 90' then start setting lines. 100-185 was hot Monday when I went out. Spoons were doing as good if not better than flys. I almost always stay just east of the can and run north and south a few miles, have some of my best luck here. Suttle breaks on the bottom which are not found anywhere else. What I do is start in 90' and continue to head east looking for fish. If I catch one I run N and S in that depth. Most trollers will run N and S in a chosen depth, so keep your eyes open if trying to locate fish running E and W. I might be going out this week yet, so I might have an updated report. Do you have a boat or do you plan on chartering? can it be luck?

Fishing was rough and windy 8/11. 3-5' waves were called for, but to me they looked more like 3-8's. Managed 1 king(15#s) on a flasher /fly on a dipsy and 1 fat rainbow(8#s) on a black/green/white spoon, also on a dipsy. The fish are there but boat control was almost impossible! Good Luck, can it be luck? PS: On a sad note. Work is going to take up all my time with some new ventures. frown.gif Gots to pay da bills! smile.gif

Fished on 8/17 from 8am-8pm. Beautiful weather and conditions, but few fish. One 7lb coho at 9am and that was it. There were a few boats that came in with fish, but the general concensus seemed to be poor. Warm water and a steady E/NE wind for the last week or so is the reason IMO. Good Luck guys.

E.Martin, haven't been out in a few weeks. I've heard that the fishing's been pretty good though. At first and last light being prime. The fish are moveing in shallower as they get ready to move into the rivers. I would concentrate on depths between 100-160 FOW. Spoons and flasher/flys being the best. Good luck on your trip!

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

I'd never fished the piers before yesterday either so I can't say what's best, only what worked for me -- chartreuse spawn sacs floated just off the bottom with a white/glow floating jig head. Some other guys got some action on fresh alweives. I didn't see any action on spoons. Just a guess at depth -- 15' - 25' depending on where you are.

E. Martin, I haven't been out for about a month now. I did check some reports and the fishing sounds decent. Most fish being caught in less than 100 ft. 25-70 fow seemed to be the most common. Most 4 year old fish are moveing close to, if not in the mouths and rivers right now. The 2-3 year olds usually hang back a little. You should be able to put some fish in the boat at this time of the year. Recent rains will push the fish in shallower. Good Luck on your trip!

------------------

Fished out from Kewaunee in 50-70 FOW on Thursday morning, Thursday Evening, Friday Morning. Caught 13 half were 3 year olds, the rest were 1 & 2. The fish were not biting in the harbor yet, but lots of people were fishing from shore. Talked to a local Wednesday evening and learned only two fish had made it to the hatchery. Most of the fish we caught were on glow spoons, but we did catch a few on J-Plugs and flasher fly combos.
Good Luck,
Eli

E. Martin, Good to hear your report! I checked out Little River this weekend..nothing yet. The Menominee had a lot of fish jumping around, but caught only 1. Darn snags/rocks! Hard to fish when your constantly hung up! The egg stripping station is really neat when the fish are in. It's like looking at them from a "fish eye" view. Mark

------------------