• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pull cord on Lazer Mag

JimBuck

Hey fellow FMer's....

So, I was up north last weekend and on Sunday. I went to drill my first hole....pulled the cord, she started right up. Only thing is the cord will not recoil back into the unit. It's hanging out, fully extended from the unit. I just picked up the unit this year from DRock and would rather not drive an hour that way to have it fixed if I can do it on my own. What do you guys recommend? I also have had issues with my auger blades not grabbing the ice when drilling. She drills for 8-10" just fine and then locks up and won't turn to punch through the final few inches of ice. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Stay warm. wink

this happens with my older auger - quite a bit actually.

With my tecumseh, it's 4 bolts to take the top of the housing off. The recoil is a coil in the center of that top cap - 1 bolt holding it in. I tweak it tighter or looser and she winds right back up. It's an easy fix if all the bits are there and not broken.

I know the drive sucks, but I'd call them and see if they'd fix it on the spot. The drive might very well be worth it if the recoil spring has come unwound, and they'd repair it under warranty. I rewound mine once, and am NOTlooking forward to doing it again.