• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

hey barb/lisa

Yes there is snow on the lakes, but I am not going to throw in the towel! I figure where there is a will there is a way. With all the snow it should bring out the snowmobilers, they will pack down paths across the ice, plus we keep getting subzero temps up here (-22 in Bigfork this am). In fact my fishing buddy did this for me last year, made several trips across the lake with his snowmobile and packed it down real good. Then I took the 4 wheeler and rode out on the paths, after a while the snow settles some, the slush underneath freezes and voila!!! I also might hit Winnie one of these days and pay for access and use plowed roads. Sure is not going to stop my 2 trips to Millelacs or Burntside Bash.

thanks gals. reason i asked i had duty phone this past weekend and got a call from someone up at taconite harbor and the only way he could explain the weather was NASTY! need to try and figure out when i can get up and blow the driveway out cause that may take the better part of the day, and when its not 20 below out.

It won't stop us either. It's worth paying the access fees to get on Winnie when it gets this sloppy but I don't think Highbanks is open until the end of the month anyway. It's cold here today too. It's 15 below!

I am for sure in for the Burntside Bash now too!!! Yay me!!

i dont know? eekmad just looked at the ten day forecast 15 below for fri nite low new years weekend. either i am getting older or smarter but these temps tend to keep me home. to many things to go wrong. i would like to get the cabin road snowblown out. the lake cabin is on the water is real dirty so thats another reason i am hesitating but need to for perchin on winnie in march. i may if theres a weekend with decent weather i more than likely come up but will want someone else to come up to help, my wife or mom wont be much help if ya get stuck or something needs to get fixed.

Christmas Eve, -9 here right now and I get the upmost pleasure of going out and firing up the snowblower and clearing the driveway. The driveway is 380 feet long so it's gonna take a while. The "old grouch" is really ticked at me because I am the one who talked him into moving up here. He's not real happy with the no Christmas presents policy this year either. Our present will probably be a plow for the 4 wheeler. He should actually be happy that he doesn't have to shop for me, although a couple of chubby darters would be nice. Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Well it only took me an hour and a half. Halfway through my favorite fishing buddy stopped by with his truck and plowed what I hadn't already done. So Lisa tell Jim he doesn't have to stop by and do it for me, HaHaHa.

Quote:
So Lisa tell Jim he doesn't have to stop by and do it for me, HaHaHa.
Oh Man Barb! I better quick go tell him to get the snowblower outta the truck-you don't need him anymore! winkwinkwinkgrin

It's -15 this Christmas morning and we have some freezing wintry mix in the forecast the next couple days! eek

Hope it doesn't interfere with my travel plans to the cabin tomorrow! eek

your making me feel bad getting to head that way. crazyeeksmilelaugh have fun, let me know the conditions, at some point i need to get up there. thanks. the weather outlook has been changed from a few days ago, not near as cold. wintery mix up there too? crazy. drive safe.