• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009 Lake Bomoseen, VT NAIFC Open Qualifier

lee, you had to clean the house and do dishes when you got home huh!!! LOL

well ...... who's up for a road trip???? 3 teams from right here......YEAH... I wonder what types of Ale they have up in that neck of the woods???? I'm SOOOOOO thirsty!!!

and now that lee found a "new" way to keep your wax worms moist we shouldn't have any problems right!! wink

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats some good stuff...

One thing is always certain when NY goes on the road, we have a blast...(tim you feeling more mexican now after sleeping with all that hot sauce, i was just trying to spice you up for the tourney!!!)

Anyways thanks for makin another good road trip possiable you guys...thanks for everyones help this year, especialy tim for the auger and Mike for the sled...its unfortunate Jimmy and i couldnt have done better, we had a great gil limit and we both struggled with our perch...with them we would have had a top 5 for sure...i know we both learned alot about prefishing and we are ready for WI, if we make it.

Ill post some pics tomorrow.

Got a call from Ryan G. from AMP, yeah Fassy thanks for typing that guys phone in my cell at the Hotel ristorante. These guys shoot the video for the Icemen and the NAIFC series for the guys that didn't go to VT. They made it back to Indiana in tact but they had to deal with some pretty nasty winds coming through Ohio and you know how large those camera trucks are.. Anyhow I took care of em on a couple of cams so they can shoot more underwater footage. cool He also told me you can see the vide on U-Tube just got to B2Outdoors there in 9 min. segments or if your fortunate enough to have DirectTV satellite coverage.

DC, the turd was in there . . .that's why Timmie was smelling something all day . . . wink Oh yeah that was good one who ever did it, getting Jack to ask me on TV whether I learned to count this year . . .now that was funny. Typical NY humor busting even at the end.

Were do I start.

Frank (My Partner), it was a blast fishing with you and I thank you for everything. Just going and getting the experience of fishing in the NAIFC was worth it all and then to place 12th (my first tournament) was awesome, I only wish I made the decision to go north for the gills. I know we could have been in the top 5 but I just didn't think we had enough time to go and get a limit of gills but knew we could near the launch but with no size. Oh well lessons learned and tournaments won (or lost) on making decisions. Don't worry about the fish and I'm actually proud of you, most people would have been discouraged but you kept plugging away and that tells me you want to learn and not give up. When we get the chance to just fish on our home waters we'll work on it, I'm sure you have some tips for me. I was actually worried about the perch (not my specialty) but it was great that they were so shallow and you had to fish them like a tight lip crappie. Not sure if anyone else figured it out but the tip for the perch in our area was to let the lure hit the bottom and work it up, they were in there feeding on the little bugs coming out of the mud and hatching in our holes. That's what was triggering them to strike, you had to keep it about them until they thought it was getting away an just hammered it.

Timmy/ Doug, I'm glad Doug came up and you guys could fish it. I only wish we had yours guys and Kyle / Jimmy's gills to go with our perch. You should have started with us and you would have been in GREAT shape. I know nothing about the hot sauce but found a sticker on my blue bin from the bar and I'm afraid to even look in the rest of my stuff to see what surprises I have. Doug was a trooper from the start just to drive up on a spur of the moment and to fill in and that was great. To just get to see Doug, Tim, Kyle and Jimmy together is worth the trip alone. I think they busted so hard on each other that any other person would have started crying and packed their stuff and left... LMAO........

Kyle and Jim, Oh my god you guys are to much. I don't think I've laughed that much in my life and at first I thought you guys were crazy but after the first day I figured our YOU ARE..... LOL It's nice to have the young blood in the crew, it made me keep my spirits up and stay loose and not get to serious. I wish that butt hole didn't move in on me like that and take my hole so fast because you had the gills and if you had my perch you were in the top 3 for sure. We need to get together more and fish it was a blast.

Congrats to the winners and the rest of the top 10, it was awesome to just be able to sit and talk to some of these guys. Besides telling you were they were fishing they would tell you the answer to any question you had and that included what depth to fish in, what color was producing for them and anything else.

I learned a lot by watching most of the guys during pre-fishing and talking to them and you have to really be aggressive to find the fish without really catching them and hammering on them, that is something I'm going to start doing here on our home lakes to fine tune that skill. I use to think a camera was just for fun but man what a tool that is, and you can cover lots of water without fishing because you get to see around you instead of what's just below you.

I'm sure I have more and will post later but I'm home sick today and need to get some stuff done and if feeling better might hit 2 local spots, I heard the crappies and big sunfish are on a hot bite and need to see if it's true. Even if I don't fish I'm going to grab the spotting scope and go for a drive, I'll email you guys with what I find.

Lee

Here's one pic I found posted on another forum.

In the forefront is Jake(cameraman) and Myron. In the background in there fishtraps is Augustwest (left) CNY Tim (center) and in the black HT trap on the (right) is CNY Kyle.

1001672.jpg

Well guys here are some pic from the Tourney and prefishing...enjoy.

Unloading day 1 prefishing

img0138s.jpg

Special thanks to UHAUL for the trailor (yeah right maybe next year)

img0137g.jpg

Sunset day 1

img0140air.jpg

Waiting to weigh in

img0143p.jpg

And the weight is?

img0149f.jpg

Kinda says it all...

img0150b.jpg

Frankie and Lee wieghin in

img0151x.jpg

Lees first big interview

img0152uoj.jpg

Special thanks to my Mom and Dad for driving up to support the NY teams for the weight in!

img0159k.jpg

Also special thanks to Jaclyn for driving from Rome to suprise me at the weigh in...thanks baby for supporting my hobbies, i really appreciate all that you do for me!

img0182n.jpg

Few more:

Trying to pick the brain of the master Tony, better late then never...

img0162o.jpg

Congradulating Jacek and Zibi on their win...

img0160kwf.jpg

Goin up to accept our prize (A hat)...

img0164o.jpg

Half of Team NY...jimmys on the phone half way across the lake and Tim and Doug were half way home at this point

img0166c.jpg

Top 3 teams, congrats guys.

img0171w.jpg

VT, Winners with team of the year Myron and Joe

img0176k.jpg

Congrats again to Jacek and Zibi for yet another win...great job guys!

img0156l.jpg

Bomoseen Vista

img0167l.jpg

Kyle...your pictures are messing with my Laptop screen Bro.

Anyways, I had a great time on such short notice. We could and should have done a few things different, but that's always the case. Timmy, it was great getting to know you a little better and hanging out with the Icemen of NY.

I had a memorable short weekend and shorter Tourney. I wished I could have done some more days of prefish and locked down a few Perch spots, but that's what happens when you fish a new lake without the ample time to search.

Maki...what can I say about you? You made our Tourney a true family experience. Your kindness is unparraleled grin I caught every one of my fish on your Plastics with NO MEAT needed. I busted out my favorite stuff of yours and it always works. THANK YOU BRO!!!

All of the NY/FM Boys were a blast to get to see and know a little better as well. Congrats to all of you!

Lee...I have it and am going to hold it hostage until I get my money from Kyle and Jimmy for the Croix's and Tica's...LOL

I hope you find it Lee. That would really be a bad scene if you could not find that stuff. I wish I could find it for you and take pictures of all the hidden weapons...that way I could get a jump on you in the Nationals in WI. laugh

Doug - Whatever happened to if we don't finish in the top 5 were not going? Rosa is being difficult ask Frank and Kyle.. She told me if I go don't come back. What to do? I start umpiring here in about 3 weeks and I will not be home much as it is til August... I know there's alot of time between now and then but I'm worried about doing this trip. Are you serious?

Timmy and AW are in......... YEAH BABY!!!!! we all have to pitch in for timmy to help find his......

AW..... that croix.... is broke!! the whole top eye with the spring bobber wasn't glued on!!! kept falling off on me !!! but thanks and i'll glue it!! I will get you that cash!

Black jig box... never seen it.... smile

here are pics from my phone of some fish from the tourny

f_bomo1m_8255ffb.jpg

f_bomo2m_32e713f.jpg

f_bomo3m_19782f8.jpg

Never fear . . . you know who is here . . . box found in the jacket . . . sorry but it seems that only half of them are there whistle I will gladly post a picture of the contents for the right price . . . AW are you a taker?

Lol that scoop is unmistakeable...i bought it for like $2 at Walmart silverlake 07' because i lost mine and needed one for the tournement...ive had it ever since and cant seem to loose it! It weighs nothing and floats...

Timmy just stopped up and was walking a little funny... bowl legged maybe but he said he "worked" wink it out last night... with the boss and he's looking good to go for WI..... maybe a few more times and he's in for sure!!! yee haa

Frank y keep the other half of that box... what are you going to do... sell them... lol!!

Few more from Shawn Hayes at the Fishy Spot

Big toruney fish

fishplacq.jpg

Zibi using his Hopper

holehopperinaction.jpg

Jimmy and the RX-1...

jimmyk.jpg

Kevin & Charlie Riley keepin the spirits up...

kevg.jpg

Largest Kids clinic of the season

kidsclinic.jpg

Happy little guy with his dinner

littleguykidsclinic.jpg

The line up!

lineupr.jpg

Maki's plastics Seminar

makipre.jpg

Maki workin

makiu.jpg

Zibi had it won, why not take a rest...lol.

zibi.jpg