• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

nIce Conditions

Hi my name is dustin and i am new to this site, i have been wanting to get out fishing but i dont know if there is any safe ice anywhere in madison county. i did see a few guys fishing lake moraine last weekend but ive never had much luck there besides tiny perch.

Walleyeboy, moraine is a good spot. Where on the lake is good can be the tricky part. I fish both sides of the lake and have had good luck with the perch, gills, and crappie. The occassional toothy critter too. Tip ups work well for them. Just about anyplace in madision co. is good fishing. I haven't really been out that way yet so I can't tell you what has god ice yet. Maybe someone else will help you there. We do a lot of drive by's to see and take out the spud to test it if we don't see tracks or traps. Keep in touch, maybe we'll meet on the ice sometime.

thanx for the info, my dad caught a 28 inch tiger muskie on the small side a few years back but thats the only highlight we have ever had there. i normally fish oneida lake and small lakes around me and do very well, i think im going to go over to check eatonbrook wendsday and this weekend weather permiting but yea we will have to hook up sometime i will let you know how it goes.

Doesn't look god for me. Promised a friend I'd help him out in the AM and don't know how long I'll be needed. Dinner at my sister's is later. If I shake free in time, I'll call you. I've got your # in my cell. I'm free Christmas morning and noon and then Friday, Sat and Sun.