• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MarCum LX-3tc zoom

alg

I wonder if someone could explain how to use the zoom on a MarCum LX-3tc. I just came back from Lake of the Woods and couldn't seem to get the zoom to work properly. I'd press the "zoom" button, and then the "down" button to get the two yellow marks to the bottom. I could see my jig (3 or so inches off the bottom) on the right side, but not on the left (zoom side). Do you hold the "down" button until the yellow lines don't move anymore? I thought I would be able to see my jig better in the zoom mode. I don't see it at all!

If you hit the zoom button once your zoom window will be 5 feet. If you hit the zoom button twice your window will be 10 feet. After pressing the zoom button you will see 2 yellow lines appear that will be at the top of the circle (1 o'clock and 3 o'clock). The yellow lines represent the area you are currently zoomed in on. From there press the down button and the zoom will decend down the water colum. If you want to focus on the bottom hold the down button until the bottom (red) appears at the very bottom of your circle. (6 o'clock). You will be zoomed in at the bottom.

This is hard to explain hope this helps.

I experienced a problem this weekend with my two MarCum flashers setting side-by-side in my shack. I couldn't get the interference to clear up! I have the VX-1 and the LX3tc. I worked on it for awhile without much change. How many times can you press the IR button? Is there some place to go on-line for tutorials on either of these two models?

In some extreme cases, clutter will be greatly reduced but not eliminated.

The one thing that has worked for me in extreme circumstances is to drop the cable on one unit as much as possible to help reduce clutter. If your fishing hard rock bottom this will not work.

One thing I wish Marcum would have done, is have the zoom default so the zoom window starts out at the bottom of the water column. I would guess this is where most fisherman move their zoom to as soon as they drop the ducer in the hole. Looking for bottom huggers

It would save some time, and would eliminate the guess work if getting a lot of clutter at the bottom (e.g. lots of weeds)

One thing I wish Marcum would have done, is have the zoom default so the zoom window starts out at the bottom of the water column.

I wish this were the case as well. It took me awhile to figure out the first time out with my LX-5 that I had to move it down. Not a big deal, but I usually do zoom in on the bottom.

The VX-1 does default to the bottom. That;s one thing about the MarCum LX-5 that I enjoy I can fish the entire water column in 3/4" instead of using the zoom or I can fish the zoom. It's nice to have a choice.

One thing I like about MarCum is the zoom mode stays locked in while hole hopping. I would guess this is where most fisherman that like zoom would like to have it stay on instead of reprogramming it at evry hole when hole hopping.

Guess work is pulling off your flasher before you need too and that's one thing I don't miss with the vex.

Tim, I think you missed our point ... we are saying keep the adjustable Zoom, just wished it started at the bottome of the water column as a convinience. Then if you want to move it, you could adjust if up the water column from there.