• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big McKenzie Lake Fishing Reports in Spooner.

I've fished it a number of times. There are 3 humps that forma triangle and that come up to 5-10ft below the surface on the south end of the lake. I've drifted them with jigs and lindy rigs and done pretty well for walleye. I've caught musky at night around the humps too! The very south end of the lake has a large flat that runs from 8-10ft deep and has good weed growth. Lots of northerns and some musky in there too.

I was just looking at a map of the lake and I see the 3 islands you are talking about, I was thinking that they might be productive for walleye. Sure am looking forward to getting out with just me and the wife. I've been playing guide for my Boys so far this year and have yet to wet a serious line. We rented a cabin for thursday and friday. Nice to be able to just jump in a boat off the dock at 5:30 am instead of having to get the boat out on the water that early.
Thanks agin for the info, I appreciate that.

StayNChargeBob

------------------
Charge your boats batteries while you tow!
I know how...you can too!
Stay-N-Charge: Click Here

I am heading out to Spooner for the weekend of the 4th of July and was wondering if anyone knows anything about this lake and is will to offer any hints as to where the most productive spots are.

The musky fishing is very tough on Big Mac. It used to be a great musky lake. But numbers have really taken a hit in the last 15 or so years. No smallmouth in there, but you'll catch largemouth after largemouth without any problem at all. Not a lot of experience on the walleyes out there, especially recently.

Aaron

Used to be a great walleye lake, no eye fishing to speak of now though...Lots of smallish largies...Previous post was right, muskies used to be good as well...When we used to go for opener you could see the eyes swimming shallow..unfortunately you could also see lots of them with spear marks. I'm guessing that's where the walleyes went...

yes i fish north sand a lot too and those (Contact Us Please) indians just cant control their spearing or when they do it. any fish that do spawn in there get speared it really makes me mad. It used to be a great fishery now we just dont have much left because the indians are uncontrolable. I really think they should have to follow our fishing regulations on our areas too. They can spear all they want on their reservations. Just my 2 cents. Sorry i was kind of harsh on them but its true and they know it even their ancestors are mad at them. They used to just take enough for a meal now it uncontrollable

Ryan

I hear ya, its a big deal when someone on the lake catches a walleye now. Seeing only heard of like 10 getting caught all last year by people who live around my in-laws, and they talk quite a bit. This is a 1000 acre lake too, sad. At least someone dumped smallies in there, got a few dandies last year.

Yea thats good ive never caught a smallie in there and would never keep one. I could share some of my crappie spots with you if you would be interested in telling me where you caught the smallies because i would love to catch one. We also caught a 14 inch walleye last year on the south end but released it. I live over on Green lake next door.Thanks

Ryan