• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO 3rd Annual Spearing Outting---- (Recap)

bassNspear

Just wanted to get the trend started for a recap of all the great information we are all going to share tommorrow and all the photos from the Get TO GATOR on Maple Lake.

We will have updates coming later in the day tommorrow of the great event!

What another great success on the Get Together. Glad to see that all the spearing FM'ers were coming out to enjoy hanging out with the boys!

The weather was horrible, but we still had a great time. I was sitting in my house with Central Bassman, and we seen 6 fish. Everything that we see was around that 2 lb range. It was great to get out there and see some fish.

Thanks to merkman for cooking up some food for us, and takin the time to get it all ready. I will take care of the food in Feb!

Glad to see that Pink Floyd was able to make it as a new spearing member, and was not only able to see a pike in the water, but win a decoy that Merkman gave away!

All in all it was a great time out on the ice with everyone that was able to make it. I can wait to get out in Feb with you all again.

This outing goes to show you that dark house spearing is still and will always be popular sport, and going to be going strong for many years.

Cya all in Feb!

We missed you out there Sham, and Fishcarver, and Huey.

People were asking about you guys.

Wish you could have made it.

Looks like there is a new orange hat on the block now anyway Huey. Yopauly filled that role real nice!!! :lol:

My photos are uploading right now so I will get them posted as soon as they finish.

I got a good hour of spearing in after everyone took off.

I saw a real nice 6 lber

I was jigging a 12" realistic pike by Bearcreek when this pike came screaming in about a foot and half under the ice. He went from 100mph to 0 in a split second about 1/4 inch away from the decoy and like a flash he went out of the hole deep and to the left. I didn't even have time to touch the spear.

Seeing that pike come screaming in made the trip worthwhile.

It was great to see everyone out there. Good to chat with everyone in person for a change. I am glad everyone liked the chow. Great to see the "new" spearers such as YoPauly have a good time. He saw 2 rockets and hopefully he is speared now.

All in all it was a great time.

I crawled back home in 4X4 and 40 mph all the way but it was worth it!

hey guys, it was really neat meeting up with you guys. had good time, as bns says, talking smack. i did get three fish, one about 6 lbs other 2 were picklers. hoping i can make the feb gtg. being i got the 3 fish does that make me the nord lord? smirkcrazygrinwhistle merkman nice pics. to bad weather wasnt a bit more well behaved. hope everyone made it home safe.

yeah it was a fun time out there, just too bad the northerns weren't any bigger. Took my little brother with me and we ended up seeing 4 northers. He has never been with me spearing so this was his first time. He had a blast watching the snakes pound the chub. I even set him up with a dare devil on his rod and had him jig that. No longer than getting the lure level with the decoys a 2 lber came and smashed it. If i didn't grab my brother he would've probly fell in from just shear surprise. Now if that were in bns's spear house there would be no doubt that he would've fallen in for how big of hole that he has in that thing.

But all in all it was a great time being out there and im looking forward to feb.

Sounds like a fun day. We were at our daughter's cross country ski meet in Dresser, WI all day which was fun too.

Was anyone else out in that wind on Sunday? I stuck it out from 8-1 and ended up seeing several nice pike and an absolutely huge carp. The pike were decoy shy with that high pressure building in.

Ya, who would have thought an out of shape desk job worker would have such trouble carving a 19x42x 12in? hole with the ice saw? crazy

That is another fun part of the get to gator.

You get to see others carving their holes and you soon realize you are not the only out of shape person out there carving holes. lol

10 feet around the fish hole at 13.5” of ice gets you warmed up in a hurry!!

yopaulypinkfloyd you did quite well for an Ice saw virgin and as merk said when the Ice gets that thick even the experienced guys find out just how outta shape they are.

glen you are the nord lord. my magnet must had reverse polarity that day grin