• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

80 degrees and a 5 pounder

Doop

We got out early today and temps were close to 80 so I threw the poles in the car off to school I went. We got out at noon and I got to the pond by 2 or so. No wind...high sun...water crystal clear. I figured at the very least it was a nice day to get out and wet a line. I haven't fished since August when football started...so it was a great way to waste some time.

Threw on a white 4 blade spinnerbait and went to work. Normally I don't bother casting to the middle of the pond toward deeper water...just cast parallel to the shore but it's been cold here lately so I thought I'd try a little deeper after my casts down the shoreline produced nothing. I was slow rolling it back to shore when WHAP!!!!! Only bite I got...but I made it count. Last two fish I've caught from this little pond add up to 12 pounds.

Other picture is my son who caught this sunnie on a tube jig under a bobber smile He's quite a little fisherman for a 3 year old.

Pictures31004.jpg

Pictures31028.jpg

ehhhh....not really. We came back to reality today. Temps are in the 20's. I know you guys would gladly take temps in the 20's right now! Believe it or not...I miss the bitter cold. The kind of cold where when you walk outside...your nose hairs freeze up! smile