• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Does my wife need a license, followup...

Appears that particular post has been locked, but wanted to share a little info garnered from the California Game & Fish site regarding a similar situation. A CA resident, his wife, son and dog were pheasant hunting some state land in northern California when the CO stopped to do a license check. The hunter was properly licensed, but was a bit apprehensive how the CO would regard his wife/kids involvement in the hunt - neither of whom were carrying by the way. CO thought it was absolutely great the hunter, wife and kid could enjoy hunting - since the wife and kids were not carrying weapons, they didn't need licenses. The CO was quite happy the wife and child had the chance to enjoy the hunt - now THAT is what I think should be the proper way for the MNDNR to view this scenario. I mean we're losing hunters, and here's an excellent way to get two more involved - what a way to go!