• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
pbowhunter

trout fishing

i love trout fishing and was wondering if there is any good water around st croix county

Not to step on any toes (dan in webster) but the Kinni, and the Rush rivers are in Pierce County. The Willow River is in St. Croix County. Having said that, Dan is very correct in saying that these rivers are some of the best Trout water in the midwest. There is also the Trimbelle River, Issabella Creek, Plumb Creek all within an hours drive from the Metro area. My suggestion is that you pick up a Wisconsin Gazeteer and go exploreing.

Magneto

yeah, i knew the rush and kinnie were close. i found a book called something like "trout streams of mn. and wi." that was great - a lot of good hatch info, where to eat and camp, stream maps with hotspots, public land info, and area history.

I think the book dan is refering too is: "Wisconsin and Minnesota Trout Streams" and is written by: Jim Humphrey and Bill Shogren. I got my copy from Bob Mithchell's fly shop in Lake Elmo, MN. I have a 1st edition so mine might be somewhat outdated, but is still a great resource. If this is not the book dan is talking about, I still recommend this one.

Magneto

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Posting.  Cuz I can’t sleep worth a dump.  Gonna be a MEA yahoo for most the rest of the week.  I’ve heard good reports from the friends that are already out there. They took the whole week so I’m driving myself out Tuesday night.     Just getting the the back of the truck filled with dekes got me too revved up.  Gonna be hard packing anything else besides waders, layout blind, guns and shells!  Who needs food and more than one change of clothes for 5 days anyway?!
    • I was ALMOST headed to Ely as well but opted to stick to “productive” pursuits at home, figuring I probably missed the October window this year.  That only lasted a day though before I headed west.   It looked really cool though.  Quiet too I bet.
    • I have a couple LX5s and have been very happy with them.  I had to get a second one for the wheelhouse since after I set it up for the wife, I usually go out hole hopping my original one.  Then come back with fish only cuz I was using the “cheat mobile”.    With the second one I was able to let her stare at it long enough to figure it out cuz apparently my teaching skills are sub par.  She normally wanted to have the camera down all the time but come dark, it’s kinda hard to see anything.     Who knew a wheelhouse and flasher would change her from a winter hibernator to an ice fishing addict.  She wants to go EVERY weekend now.     Anyone wanna buy a wheelhouse? 😉😂   Just kidding.... but I wish she’d wanna try for lakers every once in a while.
    • Was up in Ely over the weekend, darn windy and chilly Sat night.  You make it look so warm and fuzzy with the camp setup and fire. 😊
    • I have no doubt that by now there is something on the market that is better than my FL-20 and my FL-8 but I already own them and they work for me and I am long over the days where I have to have the latest and greatest fishing equipment.    Most of these gadgets, gizmos and lures are better at catching fishermen than fish.
    • My bird places nice with vexilars and doesn't get it too bad when there is a marcum in the next hole.   Keep my FL18 as a backup/loaner, it's been bulletproof.  But I haven't looked backed since I got an ice55 bird.    
    • lol. my brother hates them also cuz they thow a robin chick out of the nest sometimes. Only a couple here, if i had too my they would meet my 17 pellet. Red squirrels get a pass. not enough here. Grays are a different story. 
    • put a new floor in over the past month and finished it off by winterized it on Saturday.