• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Not to step on any toes (dan in webster) but the Kinni, and the Rush rivers are in Pierce County. The Willow River is in St. Croix County. Having said that, Dan is very correct in saying that these rivers are some of the best Trout water in the midwest. There is also the Trimbelle River, Issabella Creek, Plumb Creek all within an hours drive from the Metro area. My suggestion is that you pick up a Wisconsin Gazeteer and go exploreing.

Magneto

yeah, i knew the rush and kinnie were close. i found a book called something like "trout streams of mn. and wi." that was great - a lot of good hatch info, where to eat and camp, stream maps with hotspots, public land info, and area history.

I think the book dan is refering too is: "Wisconsin and Minnesota Trout Streams" and is written by: Jim Humphrey and Bill Shogren. I got my copy from Bob Mithchell's fly shop in Lake Elmo, MN. I have a 1st edition so mine might be somewhat outdated, but is still a great resource. If this is not the book dan is talking about, I still recommend this one.

Magneto