• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV Plows

jayesswhy

I will add to this. American Eagle (same as Tusk from rocky mountain atv) are a poorly welded plow IMO. I had one for 3 winters and broke most of the poor welds on it.I now own a Moose plow, and I'm testing it this winter to see if it will hold up?

I have a swisher set up. Works great. Had for three years and the only issue was the wear bar. Easy on-off and switch to different impliments is a breeze. The only thing I dont like is you pretty much have to leave the bracket that holds the plow on all the time which effects ground clearence.

I agree with whom ever posted above about the American Eagle plow. Also I was very disapointed with the lack of installation directions that were sent with the plow. The handle lift doesn't work very good and am going to a wench. I will not buy another one of their products.

I just bought a 60inch Country plow from AE and couldn't be happier. Simple installation if you have a winch. Mount the mounting plate with 4 bolts and hook on the push blades. Really easy to get off for when I use the wheeler for ice fishing also. I looked into other sites that are just for ATV plowing and alot of people love there AE plows. Only time will tell if I made the right choice but I have no problem pushing 12 inches with my X2.

I would think the AE plow will work for the average Joe. If you plow ALOT, and are a little rough on things, you will have issues. I have three other friends that have an AE plow, and all of them have broke welds, and had issues with their plows.I brought my plow right to Isanti where they make them, and had them fix it several times. Most of the time they put the blame on me, only to find out it was their fault by missed welds, or poorly done welds.

On just about every weld the plow has! Between the tube runners twice,the half circle braces, and the mounting plate where the two little rods stick out on each side. I actually bent one of the rods from two little plowings as it was only welded on one side? Broke the whole mounting plate off last year while plowing also.

On a second note, I already bent the Moose plow also. The plow will no longer turn all the way to one side now because the front of the "half circle" is starting to bend! I wish they made these thing worth a [PoorWordUsage]!

The metal on these plows are weak! They need to reinforce them better, or use stronger/thicker steel. If I own something that doesn't hold up, I get rid of it and get something that will! Now the plow sags to one side when lifted up, what a piece!

An update on the Moose plow. I looked to see what was causing the plow to sit crooked while in the up position? The tubular brace between the tube runners is missing? Poor welds once again? I can see the welds on the tube runners where the brace used to be, but it just broke/fell right off and must be somewhere out in the snow! I will be contacting the makers of this plow to see if they stand behind their product?

Anyone have an opinion on if which is better, the stadard blade or the country plow? Also, I have a Can Am 400 HO and I am wanting to plow a road out to my fishouse. There is about 14-18 inches of snow on the lake (no slush yet). Will I be able to plow this out? Should I get a 54 inch plow? Thanks.

IMO, the County Plow will be the better choice. As far as the width, you want something that will still be wider than your wheeler when it's angled.

It might be a stretch in 18" of snow unless you have a V-Plow. In that case, be prepared to spend some major coin. The one V-Plow that I have seen which is fully adjustable with motors was listed at $2200. I talked to a dealer the other day who has a demo model and informed me the price has skyrocketed to around $3K. For that I would put a set of tracks on my machine.

Well I have a Articat TBX 500CC with the cat plow and winch I have gravel driveway just shy of a quarter mile long, I have plowed three winters now with and I have had no problems to report, other than the dang cable on the winch is good for breaking about 2-3 times per winter. I do a lot of plowing with mine on the last snow storm I put on 10 miles on the machine just plowing the driveway around the dumpster and making paths to the various trailers I own so that I can access them if I need them. I have the 60" straight blade that can be turned to either side for angle plowing which I do when I am using it on the main driveway so as to get all of the snow off to one side of it. Two winters ago I made piles high enough that the kids where sliding down them with thier sleds, I would estimate them to have been between 6-8 FT in height. This year we are digging tunnels with all of the snow I have moved so far we have one snow bank that is about 100 ft long maybe a little longer and about 4ft high. All I can say is that not only has the plow stood up very well to all I have put it through but the machine has gone through everything that I have asked it too. Everyone that comes to my place asks who does my plowing I tell them I do it myself, they always say the same thing but you don't have a plow on your truck so how do you do it? I point at my machine and the next words out of thier mouth is "no way you plow all of that with that machine?" I have been very impressed with both since the first time I plowed with 3 winters ago and continue to this day to be very impressed with it.

Later JD

PS: I do run chains on the rear tires only as they stated at the dealership that you are only asking for trouble by putting them on the fronts they will come off and they will do alot of damage to the machine and to the operator after they come through the plastic fenders.

As far as I know it is made by Cat for thier machines, I do not think it is farmed out to another manufacturer as they are usually pretty fussy about that kind of thing. You could call the cat dealer in Mora I think that they are located north on HWY 69 and they should be able to answer your question more accuratly for you sorry I don't have a better answer.

Later JD