• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Re: Grantsburg- Minong-Siren-Spooner-Webster Fishing Reports

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't get much snow at all. I don't think we could have gotten more than 3 inches. We went over to Little Falls Mn yesterday. From Hinckley west there is a lot of snow on the ground. We have so little snow that I plowed snow in a pile to help insulate my well before the cold came.

Good luck in finding snow!

Well haven't been up since the the 7th & 8th of Jan.

Whats new? How yellow doing?

how about the clam or Big Mac?

any info would be great, just looking for some moral boosting to get me back up there.

thanks

i'm heading up there this weekend and would also like any

type of update in the area,yellow,clam flowage,or lone star

plan on fishing sat\sunday and maybe monday am

any tips or suggestions would be appreciated,thnx

This report is obviously too late for your weekend plans but I have been doing ok on Yellow lake for perch and last month was pretty decent for walleye from 15" to 17".Slowed down considerably lately.Usually did best on fatheads on a green ice jig under a slip bobber.A few on small swedish pimples with waxies or minnow heads.24'-27'deep.Good luck.

Sounds like Clam is starting to produce as it usually does from now till you can walk on anymore. But, like usual, they bite like crazy then its over for most of the day. You never know for sure what time of the day they will turn on. Were driving on as of Thursday morning. I expect that will be goon yet till maybe next weekend. For me, after this weekend it is time for the 4 wheeler. My stepbrother dropped his truck in about 4 years ago on the south landing...totalled it...so I am pretty cautious about ice this time of year. No news about the Yellow Lakes or any others.

Yeah I fished devils and clam this weekend

Clam was ok, in 6 hrs I caught 1/2 doz sunnies doz or so crappies

devils was lame!!!!! mad.gif Fished from 3' out to 15' looking for the greenest thickest weeds and mostly sight fishing, for 4 hours I didn't see a single fish!

hey mud,yellow is finally ice free,heard a good report of big crappies by jeffries landing area mid week,just thought i'd pass it along,thinking end of the month before i head up again but may go out locally

Pig stica is right!!

this weekend was TOUGH!!

fished the clam, yellow, devils, johnson, minerva, and crooked.. very slow

Water temp on yellow in the lagoon by jefferies was 53

main lake was 47

devils was 52 - 48

johnson was at 56 in the backwaters

and clam was 51-53

Tried shallow deep and everywhere inbetween

I did manage 10 nice crappies on yellow... they were in 20' suspended 5 down nice fish too... 11" was the norm

caught a bunch of snakes and some small gills on minerva and bass and snakes on johnson.

clam,devils and crooked were a bust. frown.gif

Heard things are still slow, the early season spots are done hittin and it may take another week or 2 for the spawning areas to start.

I did see alot of sunnies being caught though in shallow on the area lakes, this year I have caught more sunnies this time of year than I ever have in shallow.

I fished Yellow from 5-7:30 AM and had water temps from 51 by Jeffries to 56 on the windy side. I trolled raps from 4-7 feet and only caught 2 northerns and 1 short eye. By the time I left the lake there must have been 100+ boats out the there! I did see a few legal eyes caught but mostly just short ones and northerns.

What worked for those who caught molutiple eyes?

How's the muskie fishing been for the area? I'll be up there the weekend of the 12th, 13th and 14th and was hoping to hit some of the lakes. Any feed back would be great , you don't need to tell me your sweets spots, just the lakes in the area that are showing fish. thanks guys!

later-