• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tavaris Jackson... NFC Player of the Week!

PierBridge

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He really has turned the corner and become a very reliable reciever. I really liked how Childress called the game in the 1st half. I think he really had the falcons off-balance. You just can't hand the ball to the other team so often. Then you get down 24-7 and the running game pretty much goes out the window and then the falcons were able to key in on the passing game. How frustrating to leave that many points on the field. But we have come to used to it. Its amazing how many different ways this franchise can let its fans down. How a team can look so good last week in all phases of the game and then come out like that today. I think its clear the fumbles are in AP's head now and that is not a good thing.

tjunk looked good until it was crunch time...again.

with all the mistakes we still had a chance to tie it up and take it into OT....we burned our last time out because of the play clock at crunch time lol...thats on the qb...tjunk still folded under pressure at the end.

qbs aren't suppose to run guys...none of the running qbs are good...good thing is atleast when he decided to run he was outty instead of being hesitant.

typical vikes as a whole though...they should of crushed us...can't believe we were actually in it at the end...i didn't have any confidence in the team to go down and score though...it just doesn't happen that way for us...ever.

a serious question though...if tjunk was in free agency which teams would sign him and give him the starting job?

I will give him credit for playing much better than I expected out of him today. Too bad the rest of the team played to the point that he had to become joe montana for the day in order for them to pull it out. I still have my doubts about the guy but he certainly earned another start next week.

Nobody mentioned it but it looked like sharper had a chance to fall on that fumble in the end zone but chose to try to scoop it up and make a return. It happened so quickly in front of him but seems the players nowadays don't have the instinct to fall on the loose ball and instead want to scoop it up and try to make the big play instead of just getting the turnover. How huge would that 7 point swing have been?

If Ryan Cook could have blocked a little better today and keep the pressure off T-Jack, he would have found the other receivers..............if they were open.

For the question of who would hire T-Jack as a starter, my first guess would be Detroit. I don't think Detroit could spend the money to bring in someone like Cassell.

Considering Brady didn't use team doctors for his knee surgery, I almost wonder if the Patriots will cut Brady and keep Cassell.

How many times did he use his legs to evade defenders and find the 2nd or 3rd option? If i would have seen Jacksons statline before the game i would have thought the vikings would win by 14 points. Not saying he was great, but he played solid enough for a win. He still seems to rush things when trying to lead a drive down to come from behind. I guess a guy just has to hope expierience helps him calm down.

I can name quite a few running QB's who were pretty good in their prime, they don't all suck. Mobility isnt a liability. When the vikings are facing a team with a mobile QB and that QB is constantly running out of the pocket on 3rd and 7's for 1st downs that doesnt tork you? Its demoralizing for a defense to cover the recievers and have the QB leak out for a first down. If you can leak out and move the chains then do so.

I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of Brady being traded. There was some discussion of this on a national radio show a few weeks ago and the commentator made some good arguments why Belichick could do just exactly that.

He's the type of coach who looks at how a player is going to perform going forward and could care less about what he's done in the past. He has shown this by cutting relatively good players, and also signing some that you wouldn't normally look twice at and they've been solid at their particular position after getting to play with NE.

This week Childress said it was a luxury having two QB's to choose from. hehe.gif Just think of the decision Belichick is going to have to make!

He's the type of coach who looks at how a player is going to perform going forward and could care less about what he's done in the past. He has shown this by cutting relatively good players, and also signing some that you wouldn't normally look twice at and they've been solid at their particular position after getting to play with NE.

Welker comes to mind.

T-Jack should not take all the blame for this lose, not even the major portion of the blame. There were other players (AP) that need to take much more blame. Sure there was a chance to tie it up at the end, but there was also a chance to put about 28 more points on the board prior to the end of the game. It would have been simple - HOLD ON TO THE BALL. WHEN THE OTHER TEAM FUMBLES - FALL ON IT - DO NOT TRY TO SCOOP IT. ESPECIALLY WHEN IT IS IN THE END ZONE. Sorry, drives me nuts.

Even though the FOX annoucers were driving me nuts, they had a good point. Sounded like a funeral in the dome at the start of the game (at least from what I could tell). Where was the reliable home field noise advantage? I suppose, the early fumbles lost the fans right away.

If i would have seen Jacksons statline before the game i would have thought the vikings would win by 14 points.

His stats don't mean much when they fumble seven times.

The coaches must have really pounded it into his head to throw it away when nothing was available (read: first look not open) because half of his passes ended up near the Gatorade table.

I am not coming off LMITOUT's post here grin

As stated above to bad we wasted 10 games on Gus and thus we have to put up with the silly Mistakes T-Jack should have gotten out of the way earlier in the YEAR..

Oh Well.....

That is what I am saying!

Upfront and in your face, T-Jack is second string at this point (because he is wink ). Time on the bench (IMO) does nothing but bad, unless you have a Favray playing on the field wink.

The guy ain't played since game two! crazy

How can you blame Jackson? He has been on the bench (rookie) and I feel he is playing pretty good for what he is, a late season benched second string rookie.

I hate to throw it on his shoulders, but I would say AP lost today’s game (like others have said).

Go Vikes!

AP and tjunk equally both stunk it up trying to hold on to the ball...i wouldn't really blame any one player because the whole team stunk it up.

tjunks fumble that went 30 yards behind him sucked...so did the bad snap he told birk to snap but then looked away....then the fumble between tjunk and AP...it was horrible lol...muffed punt by berrian...only good thing in the whole game was our D stepped up and made the stops we needed for an opportunity to try and come back to win the game.

we didn't even deserve to win...i would of glady accepted a win but we didn't deserve it.

i can't believe we laid an egg like that in such a big game...i mean its normal for us to do but i thought forsure today would be different lol.

oops forgot the running qb thing....a running qb is cool if they think run last...check all the options and if nothin is open then run...alot of younger qbs have the think run first mantality..they start depending on their legs more then their arms.

mobility is key if u can buy time or take off and make a play go for it forsure...but don't depend on it...it adds things to an offense like bootlegs, qb draw and sneaks....some qbs are slower then dirt but are mobile by how they move in the pocket and sense things...alot of times they are harder to hit then the running qbs.

tjunk is looking like the best he's ever played though lately..he needs to calm down a bit when the pressure is on if we ride him the rest of the year...it only gets tougher from here trying to make playoffs then more then likely be on the road in a tough enviornment....our whole team needs to calm down cause we suck it up when we start playing desperate football.

Tjack did nothing to permanently hurt his starter status today. The offense was extremely efficient until we had to abandon the run due to all the friggin turnovers.

My only complaint on how he played today is that I would like to see him get close to connecting more often on some of the downfield passes.

What do we have to do to get rid of Peterson's fumble-eye-tus?

TJack's stats look good usually because he is throwing 1-5 yd passes all the time to the tight end or running backs. He rarely can find a wide reciever down field.

With the Vike's running game, it is easy to just keep completing those little dink passes for 1st downs and let the running backs do the rest. But when the chips are down like today, you need a QB that can stand up and otchastrate a complete drive down the field. You can't always depend on play action fakes because sometimes you are going to find yourself behind in games with little time remaining.

TJack is a sevicable QB and the best option that the vikes currently have but he is by no means a great QB.

The Vike's lose with Tjack. Always have, always will. Defenses clamp down because there is no real deep passing threat. Throws off the running game and the rest just follows. Pretty simple really...