• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tavaris Jackson... NFC Player of the Week!

PierBridge

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minnesota Vikings' quarterback Tarvaris Jackson was named NFC Offensive Player of the Week after his 11-for-17, 163 yard, four touchdown performance against Arizona this past Sunday.

That was the best offensive performance in the NFC this week? What about Adrian Peterson?

He's been hot the past couple of weeks, no doubt. However, his long-term consistency is still in question. The only way to answer that question is time.

Only if he plays consistently well the rest of the year and throughout the playoffs will I then be a TJ believer. I think that's how most people feel.

Till then, he's still got something to prove, so I hope he continues to start regardless of Gus's health.

IMO the starting job it Tj's to keep or lose again, so I'd give him till half-time of the Giants game. If he struggles against the Falcons and again against the G-men, then I'd yank him in favor of Gus at half-time. Granted, that's just my opinion, and odds are he won't completely struggle for 6 quarters straight. So that decision won't be as cut and dry as I make it sound, but I believe it is a good starting point for where we're at with him right now.

Hopefully TJ continues to produce. I want him to succeed. He may be the future of this team. We know darn well that Gus is just a temporary band-aid.

He's been hot the past couple of weeks, no doubt. However, his long-term consistency is still in question. The only way to answer that question is time.

Only if he plays consistently well the rest of the year and throughout the playoffs will I then be a TJ believer. I think that's how most people feel.

Till then, he's still got something to prove, so I hope he continues to start regardless of Gus's health.

IMO the starting job it Tj's to keep or lose again, so I'd give him till half-time of the Giants game. If he struggles against the Falcons and again against the G-men, then I'd yank him in favor of Gus at half-time. Granted, that's just my opinion, and odds are he won't completely struggle for 6 quarters straight. So that decision won't be as cut and dry as I make it sound, but I believe it is a good starting point for where we're at with him right now.

Hopefully TJ continues to produce. I want him to succeed. He may be the future of this team. We know darn well that Gus is just a temporary band-aid.

Agreed. wink

Well when theres 8 in the box every play you should have some good 1 on 1 matchups..So I credit most of our passing game to our running game.But that was the best game Jackson has played in purple.I hope he stays in cuz Gus has been AWFUL.Plus, his confidence has gotta be sky high.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Again,

as I said before. I can't believe you guys. He has a great game coming in off the bench. Then he has a great game against Arizona and many of you sit here and find excuses why he did so well...YES, I said EXCUSES.

He did a great job against Arizona. Let's just call it what it is...A PLAYER OF THE WEEK PERFORMANCE.

Gus would have had us gritting our teeth on that game.

EVERY QB who has ever played the game has struggled at times. I would expect T-jack to do the same as he progresses.

Just remember that when you think you always have to have a perfect performance.

What a bunch of hand wringers smile

TarJack as Player of the Week...I'm pretty sure that's one of the signs of the apocalypse smile

He played great against Detroit and Arizona - two HORRIBLE pass defenses. Atlanta is a step up, and NY another step up. If he plays well the next two weeks, I'm sold. Until then? Too small a sample size to draw any meaningful conclusions.

One thing for certain, Gus is not our future, T-Jack might be, so unless he gets play time to prove he is or isnt our future, our QB troubles will go on! Lets play him this year since he is in there and see what he has, then next year we will know whether to go after a starting QB!

He played great against Detroit and Arizona - two HORRIBLE pass defenses. Atlanta is a step up, and NY another step up.

Arizona has allowed less passing yards per game than Atlanta and has one more sack. Atlanta has allowed less Passing TD's however. Looking at the stats, Arizona and Atlanta are very comparable.

Yeah they both stink in pass defense! grin

Tjack played well. He completed 11 passes so we must now annoint him the best qb the Vikes have ever had. I think his play in the Az game is being waaaaaaaaay overblown. He did well but to many people are getting carried away here.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Overblown...listen to yourself koonie....most are the exact opposite of overblown.

I can't believe the negative nellies here.

He's certainly not a great QB, that's not even in question but he definitely beats Gus Ferotte. Who knows, he may turn out to be a serviceable QB given the time to develop. If not we'll never know.