• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which bait do you wish worked better for you?

50inchpig

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used Kickin Minnow off and on...never even a follow.. they look decent though.. tried workin em slow, twitchin, burnin??? Suicks, cant seem to get any of them to run right...buy a new one, samething, cant tune them either, i quit trying w/ them...went to the Hawg Seeker, no problems at all w/ them.. run very nice but noticed they have a low hooking percentage...

Topwater!!!!! I love fishing topwater for bass and my new, and relatively small, muskie collection is overloaded with topwaters. Hawg Wobblers, Weagles, Baby Weagles, Creepers, Top Raiders, Pacemakers. I fish them way too much and I still only have had follows and possibly one blowup/boil from a muskie. I can't wait for one to explode on top!! I have dreams about it!!

Looking forward to making the meetings next year when I relocate Shawn, if the TC chapter is anything like the St. Cloud chapter it won't be hard to make friends.

Maybe the metro lakes are little more crankbait-friendly, more than likely I just don't throw them enough.

You're not getting my suicks no matter how drunk I get! BTW, I like your math.......

sure i have atleast 4 that you can buy... what else are you looking for? i was planning to sell a bunch on various sites anyways? I also have those 17" Grunt Crank Baits i can sell?? I think they work for some people, but IMO i think they are junk... never caught a fish on them, big profile though...and they were spendy.. never again!!! Also have a 8' 6" Okuma musky pole XH, brand new..

Hellhounds-lots of lookers but no biters

Love this lure, but have the same problem. Have even had them smash it and not get hooked... Is it possible it's too eradic?

Can't get a fish or follow on a topwater prop bait (Topraider, Pacemaker, etc...) to save my life....

Any one use a burt?

My problem with a lot of baits is that they don't go deep enough. If I'm going to use a jerkbait/glider, I don't want it a foot below the surface. I know you can modify them and add weight, but it would be nice to buy them already weighted.

I use Bionic bucktails from time to time. I have had more follows than any other lure. I have had 50"+ fish run into the boat following it, but I have never hook up on one with it. I once had the same fish follow it 4 times from over 30 yards. I just bought another one today in a different color to see if that makes a difference.

topwater baits...... if only we lived in a world where fish were always willing to eat topwater baits. man that would be cool! other than the boatside monsters i cant think of anything more exciting

I don't think Pearson cares about anything as long as he's fishing or hunting. I own one, I throw it, fish try to eat it, I just hate it.

I did hang the cardboard insert from the package up on my wall too, very cool artwork indeed.

i agree, IMO hellhounds are junk, when they first came out people liked em alot, look at the shelves now, no one buys em, they dont move now... if you want lazy follow throw a [PoorWordUsage] hound...they just dont catch fish, but look cool to the caster, for some they pretend they are slow dancing w/ it... i had an older guy in my boat one day, started throwing a helhounds and started to hum. i could tell his humming was in rythym w/ the swaying of the helhounds... he loved the lure, but never caught fish.

topwater baits...... if only we lived in a world where fish were always willing to eat topwater baits. man that would be cool! other than the boatside monsters i cant think of anything more exciting

+1, I can't buy a fish on topwater since the first one I caught. Only ever had 2 other fish show interest in the last couple years with a LOT of time spent throwing them.

Topwaters went from my best lure on 2004,2005, to one of my least productive lure for 2006 and 2007. It was like a light switch, just cannot figure why they dont work like they used too. i know fish adapt, but it would still be cool to figure why they dont work,, depth? water levels? etc who knows..

had to think hard on this one.

i guess the one bait i really had high hopes for and that i ''believed'' would just slay them is the squirlly bert. i still toss the three i have once in a while hoping, but to date (3 years) none have even had a look yet. maybe i'll see about painting one up jet black and see what happens. can't hurt, lol. or,,, mabe i'll redo one in wood.... hmmm... cherry wood.

If your looking to dump some weighted squirrly burts, I'll take a few, smile. As for bait that I wish worked better, hmmm it would have to be a glide topwater bait any type. I have to stop tossing those darn things they just frustrate me too much.

Everyone seems to feel my pain on the Hellhounds? One thing that I will say is that I do see a TON of fish on them and I really like the action that I can give it when I have a lazy follow up to the boat. It's a run bait to work and it looks great in the water.

Squirly Burts... to me it's the secret bait that every store has because it's made by Musky Mania. I just have never thrown one. Guys either love em or have never thrown em.

Kickin Minnows are junk but they are what, 5 bucks? How are you guys throwing them? Twitching them I imagine???

I wish the Swamp Donkey worked better... Cool idea and built like a tank.

I wish the Swamp Donkey worked better... Cool idea and built like a tank.

I just Googled "Swamp Donkey" and you don't want to know what comes up. smirk

For me a lure I've tried quite a bit but haven't connected on isa Jake. Not saying they don't work, I just haven't made anything happen with one yet. I felt the same way about a Dawg as well though until a bunch of fish tore one up on the same day, go figure.