• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Shelter

Well,

Looks like I'll end up going with either the Frabill Recon DLX at 48 lbs or the Commando at 59 lbs. My "cost" (if they'll ship is $154 and 215 respectively. Going with the Recon I'd lose 29 inches in width and 7 in height as well as 17 in length. The weight difference is 11 lbs. hmmmm They both should fit in my trunk with widths of 30 and 35 inches. The back seat would need to be folded down for either. Too many choices!!! Wish I had my truck! I'd have gone with a Trap Pro again. Next year...I can buy direct from at least, Clam Corp. They have good deals especially if you buy several. Hmmm, I feel and idea coming on. Anyone want to voice their opinion on the shelter choice?

I think after I get my new Mathews, Lowrance 520c, 5 hang on treestand, new Optima Pro Elite and hunting cloths I might want to buy a Pro and pass the scout down to the boys. LOL God do I need to win the lotto....... smile

Lee...I bought the new DXT last season and loved it. Would you be interested in that without my accessories?

I have my eye on the new Reezen cool

Do you still have my number? I am hitting the ice in the AM and Timmy and I might be going Thursday morning...call me!

Ray ,I went with the frabill comando the seat comes right off I lost some elbow room but I don't have to mess around with retractable poles and the seat is a boat seat that is very comforatable.

Tim, I will call you later this evening don't worry about the saw dust got it covered as long as I can take a look at those plastics wink.

Frank been thinking about that. Sure like the idea of the IDI suit. Less bulk and warm? How can you go wrong? Too easy to overheat pulling in all the layers, then you get chilled. Just have to figure out what size and where to get it. Thought I might contact them direct. I do have a business..... Think we need to create a CNY buying club for our crew. Get a jump on each season.

Well, I decided to go with the Recon for now. Got it and a cover today. Fits easily in the trunk and is light! Sure, it's small but I saved some cash too and that will go towards boots and/or an Arctic Armor suit. Gonna, put the FL trip off for a bit so I can get more ice time in this year. Looks like I'm busy Mon. and Tue. so later in the week is my next chance at ice. Keep me posted guys! My first day went well do I'm motivated. Still have to get to Albany to see if he's got any deals on ice gear. Should have gotten started earlier!!!

Maybe early on Wed. I'm itching to see if I can work inside the new shelter. Friday works for me too. Heck, we celebrate on Christams Eve (my Dad's Bday) so I'm free on Thursday. My son stays with his Mom. I'm taking Frank's advice and spending some money on the IDI suit. Tim, you'll have to fill me in on size choice.

Ray - I am fishing tomorrow don't know where yet. whistle Just got off the the phone with Lee, he's chomping to get out on the ice soon too. Wednesday I have to work Tommy's off and I have to cover another building. mad

I think that you and Frank are the same size on the suits so he will be able to tell you what would be comfortable for your size. I'm 5' 11" and 260 and a XL jacket and 2XL bibs is what I'm getting. Mohawk Valley Joe is getting one too through Maki and I'm looking forward to Joe's darago reports too and another sweet access spot off the creek. smile

Friday is definitely good for fishing.