• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ever Hear of a Buzz Bomb Lure?

I_Got_One

A friend of mine came back from the northwest territories with a little tid bit of information. They went fishing for lake trout and were jigging from the boat with a very interesting lure called a Buzz Bomb. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of it or if anyone has ever used one. I am going to get some and see if they work on lake trout down here as well as they did up there.

We use them all the time for lake trout on crow lake. They get down fast during the deep fishing we do in the summer and they work. You need to thread the line through the lead lure, add a rubber stopper then attach the hook. Its very difficult to do in the winter when its cold so I stay away from them. Also look at Zingers which are similiar but have a little more detail to them.

Thats what we use on Crow Lake in the summer also, Thorne Bros actually has them on there site for sale. The only place i've seen them is up in Nestor Falls till now. Lots of colors and sizes to choose from. I Might have to try one on the Thorne outing in February and get my Buzz on!!