• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

COLD!!!!! Is it worth it?

Rivernut

Get out there! The cold will at least keep the loudmouthed morons at bay. They thrive best in 30+ degree temps and when the fish are biting...making it difficult for the fellow fisherman to have any success. I sure wish I was out there instead of in front of this computer.

I think it is worth it as long as the winds are pretty calm and you don't have to go too far out on the open ice. You would not want to be freezing before you even get your shack setup.

Went out in a one man flip over shack in this type of cold last year during the day. Was not bad at all, but I was able to drive in my car to my spot, no wind, nice and sunny out. No problems at all.

I have some of my best fishing when it is very very cold out. The fish don't know it's cold but the people do. I beleive I do better when very cold cause there are a lot less poeple so there is a lot less noise. Bring on the deep freeze.

Living in Nd this type of cold always creeps up on us. Just a little early then i would have expected. Fish away. seal the portable up tight, keep your feet of the ice and you should be fine. I will be out this weekend when it is a warm -1 degrees. Nothing like a day of shorts and t-shirts.

Sounds weird but i have had my best crappie fishing when the temps have been colder than -20!! Drove for and hour to the lake, never seen a car on the road or a person on the lake and I have never seen (12+ inch) crappies bite like they did.

dido I've had some good luck crappie fishing when everyone else is whining about cold temps. It's nice, lake to yourself, biting fish, cozy portable, go get em.

I will have 11 days off starting Saturday. Trust me, regardless of the temp i will be drilling holes. Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Then my wife is off work and i will have to be more accomidating to the holidays.

Cold weather not slowing many people down in the Chisago area. Got home around 4pm and couldn't believe all the portables out on one of the lakes on a weekday. .... Man I GOT to get out, I live on a lake and still haven't had the shacks out, pretty pathetic!!