• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

an odd question

masterpuppet

If you get the nice thermal ones (frabil, with foam) and put a tip up light on it you would be ok. just check it every hour or two to open the hole, and be sure to pack snow around the tip up.

I do as Chadwick said. Use the thermal tipup and buy a light that clips to it. Pops on when the flag goes up.

i will not go to any lake without my tipups! U can easly move them around and try different presentations. I catch flak from some buddys for swearing on my tipy, but since I concsitantly land fish on my tipy, the flak I get is well worth it! not to mention large tipy fish are a blast!

I agree with everyone about setting out tip ups, especially if you are fishing in a resort house. You can cover more ground with a tip up out. The thermal ones with a light on the flag stick work great at night. I don't rent resort houses too often but I still always put out a tip up for the reasons listed above. Plus it gives me a reason to get up and on my feet once every thirty minutes. And the best reason for using a tip up, it is a great rush to see a flag up and then see the flag holder spinning as the fish is taking out line while you are walking/running to the tip up. Lots o fun.