• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arctic Armor vs. Arctic Armor Plus

Coach1310

The inner lining is not removeable, I had to double check grin

These are some images of the inner tricot lining:

Inside of jacket:

3112438340_9c376d95e4_o.jpg

Bibs:

3111607909_e4e4d6410f_o.jpg

The comfort from this suit is second to none. It is like wrapping your self in a fleece blanket, head to toe grin And it floats also crazy

It is true, once you go Arctic, you never go back wink

For more info, Click Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am @230 lb's and about 5' 10" and an XL suit fit me just fine, with a some extra room to grow, but not baggy at all!

Like was mentioned, the green suit has the lining. It comes down to preference as to which one you should get. The green isn't cold on your skin if your jackets been out in the cold, its warm right away, but the lining makes it a little harder to fit clothers comfortably down the sleeves(though I haven't noticed much of a problem with it). The red is slicker material that doesn't cause bunching in the sleeve, but the material is cold to the skin if you haven't been wearing the jacket.

I agree with what the guys have said already, the Plus suit has the brushed tricot lining inside which is like a thin flannel or micro-fleece lining. The lining is thin, nice and soft, and is not removable. The other suits have a plain nylon lining inside which is not as soft.

The only other difference is that the red suit has a small sheepskin patch for holding lures on the left breast.

You can see the suits and check out the differences here if you want.

I ordered the red. I debated between the two. Prior to purchasing the Arctic Armor I was wearing a pair of windproof/waterproof pants from Cabelas and an old snowboarding parka. Under these I would wear a set of synthetic long underwear and then polartec pants and long sleeve shirt. I decided to get the red suit and continue wearing the synthetic/polartec combo under it. That way I could shed the polartec if it got too hot and I wanted to remove some layers. With the green suite you have that extra layer but you can't remove it.

I am quite happy with the red suit. I have only worn it once out on pelican this last weekend. The only thing I wish I would of done different is to order a size smaller. I am usually right between the Large and XL on coats. When I go with Large its a tad small and I don't like feeling constricted so I ordered the Arctic Armor in XL. The Arctic Armor XL is HUGE and I could probably put the entire suit on while wearing another suit under it.

EWWWWWWW, thank goodness they got the formula JUST RIGHT. Deitz, that is mental punishment.

I agree with what Deitz has said, I love the AA, this weekend a few of us mad a journey up to the northern part of the state and I spent all day on the ice wearing sweat pants a tee shirt and hoodie under my Arctic Armor, we rode our sleds out there as well. I have never been so happy with warmth and even more happy to have that warmth without having all the bulk. If the plus were any warmer than the regular, I might be in Deitz's horrible predicament. YIKES!

I got my Arctic Armor right here, so can you!