• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eskimo Augers

NAMASafetyDirector

Hear alot about the other popular augers out ther (Nils,Strikemaster,Jiffy etc.) but I don't hear much about the new line of Eskimo's from anyone. Does anyone have any reviews,comments on the new stuff out from Eskimo? They look like they have some nice features and alot of models to fit just about anyones needs...just looking for some feedback. Thanks

I have a Z-51 Shark that's about 6 years old. Have had 1 minor problem with it since I bought 'er new. So how 'new' is the new stuff you're referring to? I find it hard to shop when what I've got works so well. She always starts on no more than 3 pulls, even from cold. Has more than enough hp to go all the way through, even when the ice is as thick as the auger is long. What more could ya ask for? Phred52

I've had an Eskimo auger for 15 years. The ONLY problem I had with it was due to the way i pulled on the rip cord. I have a habit of pulling down instead of straight out or up. I eventually cut/sawed a hole in the gas tank.

I moved down here to Nebraska this past Spring and gave the old auger to my Brother.

I bought the New Z71 Shark 10" this past Thanksgiving at the Sportmans Wharehouse in Coon Rapids.

It is a 3.71 HP motor. and is the only motor designed specificly for the use of cutting ICE. The other Guys use techumsens motors ( good motors though)

The Z71 cuts at 8000 rpm's faster then any auger out there period.

I have a buddy that I ice fished with this year who had a 10" eskimo with the new Viper engine (made just for their ice augers). He complained about the recoil because it broke right after he bought it. The inner parts (plastic) had to be replaced along with him going through a long recovery due to torn ligaments in his shoulder. Needless to say, I just bought a Strikemaster LM8 and have no complaints, plus it is faster, but its only an 8" compaired to a 10".