• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I could live with this lineup....

Coach1310

Quote:
Raul Ibanez as in 40 year old Raul Ibanez?

Despite my poking fun at the 30HR crack, Raul is a guy I'd love to have in my lineup anyday.

In addition to being a Twins-killer, have you seen that lovely swing? He didn't get started until late in his career, but his swing should be mandatatory study material for everyone from Little League to AAA. Beautiful.

Ibanez is actually 36 and he actually only hit 23 homeruns last year. He hit 33 in 2005 otherwise he averages only 20 homeruns the last 5 years with Seattle. Oh, by the way the Phillies gave him a 3yr deal worth..........................$30.5 million dollars. It is almost double what he made from last year $5.5. He was not/is not/will not be a good fit for the Twins.

Ummmmmmmm...Ibanez has hit 30+ HR exactly once.

And? I don't remember saying "missed out on a 30+ every year of his career HR hitter" If he did it "ONCE" then I guess he is a 30+ HR hitter.

I lived in KC, and at one point in time the Royals OF consisted of Dye, Beltran, Damon and Ibanez. He didn't get to play everyday. I wonder why. He has some pop, but is clearly 4th best on that list. But in the Twins OF, probably #1. I like Gomez, Cuddyer- but Ibanez is a better hitter. Didn't he tear the Twins a new one one night this past season? (oh yeah, I think it was an entire series)

boni...you don't refer to a player by the most home runs they ever hit. They average it...like you don't hear Bond's being called a 70 homer guy..you'd say 40 hr/guy. Ibanez is a 20 homerun guy, that's his norm. Anyhow...Ibanez is too old for that type of money. What would we be saying when he's batting .260 with 17 hr's and were paying him $10 mill?

IF you wanted to look at a DH that could play outfield we should be looking at Pat Burrell, we could get him on the cheap relatively speaking. IF and in my opinion this is who we need to get. Adam Dunn, he's hit 40+ homers 4 or 5 consecutive years. But the problem with him along with Burrell is their low batting averages.

We had a chance at Pat the Bat before last season. He went off- especially in the play offs, and now I think the Phillies will resign him. The Phillies have been mentioned now for every free agent that has came along, amazing what winning the WS will do to a club.

And by the way, I never said he averaged 30+, all I said is he hit 30.

I would never say Brady Anderson was a 50+ HR hitter, but he did do it once wink

Originally Posted By: zamboni
I would never say Brady Anderson was a 50+ HR hitter, but he did do it once wink

Would you say Brady is a steroid guy?

Was he once, then quit using because he thought MLB was suspicious of his output one season??? Possible. Did he maybe get lucky one year?? Another possibility. He was truly a weird case, possibly one of the only hitters in history to have such output one season then never do it again.

I believe that brady anderson never hit more than 10 HR in a year, then he has his 50 HR year, there is no dought he was on something. I knew that back in the day before all the talk about performance enhancing drugs.

back to the subject.

span

cassila

mauer

morneau

cuddyer

buesher

young

punto

gomez

I think they will do just fine.

The only gripe I have about Gomez was his inconsistency at the dish. He was hot then very very cold then lukewarm. His defense is very good, but does need to time his dives in the OF a little better (had alot of balls skip by him) but at least he does give them an effort, Young doesn't.