• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who should start on Sunday

Scott M

I'm not sure how to vote.

I think TJack should start this game, regardless of Gus's health. However, I'm not yet convinced he should be anointed the starter.

I guess my answer would be "Start Tjack until he obviously struggles". Hopefully that never happens and he stays in there, cuz while he isn't struggling, he's definitely the better QB.

That's just me though. I would guess most folks have made up their minds already.

I'd say start T-jack until he starts to struggle. If he struggles put in Gus with the hopes of turning things around. We need the win.

I'm on the gus bus. As I've said before neither are that great. It will help to get T-Jack the experience since I doubt Gus will be back next season. Get T-Jack some experience so if he doesnt stick around he'll be worth something in the off season.

I think T-Jack and Gus should switch off every down. They can run in the play calling instead of the receivers or running backs. LOL J/K

I voted for T-Jack winning the job back because Gus has not looked very good as of late.

I think you stick with Jackson at this point. I like the option of getting him on the edge with playaction. Its been pretty effective when used the last 6 quarters. I don't like the prospects of Gus the statue in the pocket with the pass rushes they might see from the next 2 opponents. Again, moving Jackson out of the pocket, or moving the pocket is just another option for the vikings to use. I think Jackson in the game gives the defense more to think about. There is always that option on 3rd and 4's for Jackson to run for first downs. There were a couple plays yesterday where Jackson was able to escape the rush and at least get back to the line of scrimmage for a 2nd and 10 rather than Gus back there getting sacked for a 2nd and 17. It might not seem like much, and it doesnt show in the statbook, but those are huge plays when trying to move the chains.

Originally Posted By: SledNeck
T-Jack, but Chester Taylor needs more playing time also.

why do you say that chester needs more playing time. We have the best running back in the league!

2 reasons:

1. Rest him a little before the playoffs

2. He has put the ball on the turf alot the last couple weeks

As far as Jackson/Frerotte:

I think benching Jackson was the thing to do because he was horrible the first couple weeks, granted a few of the missed catches weren't his fault, but he still looked lost out there. Benching him also seemed to light a fire under him and he looked good the past 2 weeks. However, that is only TD wise last week, he still had less yards throwing than we had rushing, that's not good.

Well you have came around a little sandman, but come on how many horrible qts/games did gussy put out there. I am having a tough time remembering the last time Gus had 4 tds with no picks or a 135 passer rating. Somebody please remind me.

T-Jack had a great performance.

But Gus still has a better win % as a Viking. To me, wins are more important.

The D and running game made T-Jack look good too. He did not pass for a lot of yards, but got the job done.

It goes to prove the old saying in MN Football. Who is the most popular person on the team? The back-up QB. Who is always the least popular? The coach. Year after year after year...it is the same thing.

Well you have came around a little sandman, but come on how many horrible qts/games did gussy put out there. I am having a tough time remembering the last time Gus had 4 tds with no picks or a 135 passer rating. Somebody please remind me.

I never said he didn't play a good game on Sunday. I just think he still hasn't proven (at least to me) that he is the QB to lead this team. My opinion will change as this week goes. If he continues to do this good, my opinion of him will go up.

Looks like T-Jack got the nod!

Pro Football Talk has learned that Tarvaris Jackson will start Sunday's game against the Falcons.

This was sort of a no-brainer. Jackson threw four touchdown passes last week and Gus Frerotte's back remains iffy. Still, Jackson isn't likely to go off like he did against the Cardinals and those in fantasy playoffs would be crazy to trust him. Dec. 15 - 8:11 pm et