• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vikes/Atlanta

Scott K

Just checked, and Vegas has the Vikes favored by 3 against Atlanta. I think this will be a tough game for the Vikes, they match up well against us. I think it will be a close game, but I dont think it will be in favor of the Vikes. frown

Atlanta 20-17

Just checked, and Vegas has the Vikes favored by 3 against Atlanta. I think this will be a tough game for the Vikes, they match up well against us. I think it will be a close game, but I dont think it will be in favor of the Vikes. frown

Atlanta 20-17

Atlanta doesn't match up well against us at all. They feature Michael Turner who then opens up the passing game. The Vikings now have the number 1 rush D in the league.

Roddy White is banged up and Matt Ryan hasn't played a game that will have featured as much noise. Atlanta also has a terrible defense (mid 20's in both categories).

We definitely match up favorably against them instead of the opposite.

Arizona matches up a lot more favorably against us than Atlanta....just sayin

It will be tough for sure. I would go 24-21 win. This is going to be a tough D and will put the coaching and QB to the test.

Atlanta has the 23rd overall D. Arizona's is rated 14'th.

wadinator- dont worry too much. williams is lucky its a shoulder injury. they can shoot that up. a lower body injury would be much more likely for him to miss time

Vikes 27

Atlanta 17

Vikes will win at home and seal the division.

With nothing to play for, the Vikes will play "scrubs" the last game of the year.

The "let down" game will come in the playoffs. I hope not, but I think that is when it will happen.

That game with the giants may mean a ton. Giants have Car this week. If we beat ATL, we have a shot at the #2 spot and a first round bye/2nd round home field.

What CnC said. I think this is a great matchup for the Vikings. Nothing wrong with some expectations when you spend some money and bring in some talent. Gotta take care of business if you want to go to the playoffs, and that means beating the Falcons because obviously the Giants are a bigger task and you win 1 of the next 2 to go to the playoffs and win the division. Besides, you want to be winning into the playoffs. It would be sweet to have the longest NFC winning streak going into January.

wadinator- dont worry too much. williams is lucky its a shoulder injury. they can shoot that up. a lower body injury would be much more likely for him to miss time

Can they get enough pain killers into him to play with a broken scapula? That's the rumor I've read online today.

With or w/out P.Will, if we play like we did against the Cards, we'll win handily.

However, I doubt we'll be enjoying a 21pt advantage so early in the contest, and things will remain tight. TJ's going to have to work for this one, and I hope he pulls through and shows us (again) that he's really ready.

First off, I don't believe the Vikings will beat Atlanta. The Falcon's have a more balanced offense than the Cards who only ruched 5 times going into the 4th. But let's pretend that they do win. The Giants play Carolina this week and most likely will lose. Then that will make the Giants game to end the season a very important game. The Giants would be 11-4, the Vikes 10-5. If we would beat the Giants we would have identical records and we would own the tie-breaker. It will be for the number 2 seed in the NFC and a bye for the first round of the playoffs. The Giants will be playing for the win also.

It's always good to dream, but the Vikes haven't even locked up a playoff spot yet. They could go 0-2 to end the year and then we can watch the Bears in the playoffs.

big pat is out 2-6 weeks with a fractured scapula...hopefully we can take care of business this week and give him a couple weeks of rest...be sweet if we could steal a round 1 bye. that would give him a month before he has to play.

the middle of our line won't be as stout as normal and big pat takes on doubles alot so now they will be able to double k will and jared more....but we can put k will in pats normal spot on some plays and bring in robison in k wills spot and add speed to our rush forsure.

ideally if we can get an early lead and keep their running attempts down and put heat on rookie qb matt ryan we'll be in good shape....if its a tight game and we need to stop them in the 4th quarter to get the ball back we'll sure miss big pat i know that much.

our linebackers will just need to step up and make some nice plays when the burner turner gets past our d-line...greenway is having a real solid year he's probably up for the task....only person on their team that i think can beat us is turner..he gets alot of his yards after contact from poor tackling and we normally tackle real well....should be fun.

Either way if the vikings win against the falcons the vikings will be playing for a possible #2 seed. The vikings own the tiebreaker against the panthers as well due to beating them head to head so if the giants knock the panthers down this week they have a 1 game lead. The panthers then travel to New Orleans to finish out the year. Right now the home team in NFC south division games are 25-2. Panthers lose out, vikings win out, vikings get the #2 seed. So if the vikes win this week they will have everything to play for yet in week 17. And i don't see any reason to bet against the vikings at home at this point. They are a hot team and the defense is unreal in the metrodome. Vikings 24-13.

Would be something to lock up a bye week. Never imagined that the way the year started. But they turned it on when they needed to. Now keep winning the next two weeks and carry that over to the playoffs. Would be nice to see them do something again.