• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone have any info on fishing Red Cedar Lake in Washburn County? (Right by Birchwood) Building a cabin there right now, can't wait until it's done in December. Also planning on taking a trip up to there in May to do some fishing and check the whole lake out.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Hi Vittles!
I don't have a lot of information! I fished this lake a couple of times a few years ago in May. It's a good Walleye lake. Caught a few walleyes along the East shore with jigs and minnow and rapalas. I'd like to fish it again sometime. If you spend much time tryin' it out, you'll get some.
Good Luck!

Viddles,
My in-laws have a lake lot just 2 lots down from the public landing. I have fished the lake a few times but not with much success. I have heard that there is a very good walleye population in the lake but I haven't caught any out there, I think because of technique. I have tied into several nice smallmouth bass, bigger than any other lake I have caught smallies. I have not done real well in the hunt for panfish. The lake has a lot of rocky shorelines and doesn't provide good cover for gills and crappies. The panfish that I have caught have typically been small and few in numbers. I'm glad someone has posted about this lake since I seem to have trouble catching fish on this lake. It may be that I am from Minnesota and my techniques won't work in Wisconsin smile.gif. Let me know how you do, I am planning on getting up there early this summer. Thanks.
Fishing Addiction