• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I HAVE A SICK FEELING!!!!!!

Meat-Run

Walleye12,

I appreciate everyones .02 on this issue I'm having with my atv. People like you guys make this site very rewarding and fun to visit.

thanks,

mr

Thanks for the compliment MR and Thanks again to everyone who's been helping out with the questions presented.

It's a great group of riders in here.

Ok, just got back from home and I have 90 psi on the motor...not good!!! (insert bad word here) Suzuki mechanic says factory standard is 142psi.

Anybody know a good mechanic in Brainerd!?!?

thanks for all your help.

mr

jltimm,

little more background on my wheeler. I purchased it from my brother at or near the 1,200mile mark and he had the last warranty service done to it before it expired. Well I noticed they put synthetic in my suzuki when its suppose to be 10W40 all along. Some or most guys say it doesn't do any damage or make a difference but I think this might be the culprit but have no way to prove it.

So lastnight I spoke with a local guy that might be working on my wheeler as soon as tonight and he thinks it might not be all that bad as long as there is still some compression. It just might need a new piston $140, seals, and cylinder polished to get it back up and going. But of course we really don't know until he cracks into it. If I do have a burned piston and scored cylinder I just might go as far as boaring it out and then gaining more power since I'm going all in. I'll keep you posted.

mr

NO MORE SICK FEELING!!!!! I have unbelievable good news on my wheeler. Not sure who mentioned it earlier in this post but it was the muffler. The silencer inside was so carbon plugged up that it eventually choked the motor completely. I don't have the complete explination from my mechanic yet but will tonight. I asked then what about the compression test that I was reading at 90psi. Well heres a little tip for you all if you don't know this already but you should hold the throttle wide open when doing the test. He didn't explain why but it has something about opening up something all the way...

Anyways about 4 hrs into it and a $80 bill later I'm picking up my wheeler tonight. My mechanic is drilling out the silencer right now for the "fix", I can even leave it that way but just might get a new muffler all together.

Next week I'll reply with his full explination of what caused it to happen.

Thank you all for you help!!! I'm going to be plowing all weekend just in time for the latest snow storm.

Meat-Run

jltimm,

not sure if your comment was just for the fun but my suzuki is rock solid. It was of course had a fowled plug and dirty muffler that had a ton of dust and dirt in it to make it run poorly. Eitherway I'm glad it was a very cheap fix compared to what I origanlly thought it was. I wouldn't wish this apon any one the same circumstances I went through even if it was a Polaris. J/K

So if anybody has been following this post and commented thank you and if this problem does happen to you pull out the Spark Igniter (something spark) inside the muffler. It might be a good idea just to check it once a year or so and see how it looks, clean or dirty. There is a very fine screen inside that clogs up and will make your atv run poorly. All there is a screw on the bottom side of the tail pipe can be hard to see if you don't look upside down on the very tip of the pipe.

Good luck to all because it's -23 out here in Brainerd this morning.

MR

I do own a Suzuki, and I wasn't rippen on ya! laugh I didn't figure you could have wrecked a Suzuki engine that easy, as their engines are tough, as are the wheelers. Have fun with your baby, when she's back up and running!