• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chilly is a good coach.

Hammer Handle

Many times I felt like I was the only fan standing behind him. Am I still the only one?

He is a good coach and doing fine with the QB(s) he has. He deserves to stay with the team.

Is he great or fantastic? Maybe not. But he was the best choice at the time and the best choice for us now.

With so many coaches being fired this year, he will be are best choice for next year too.

Keep up the good work Chilly!

Name a coach that hasn't made stupid calls?

I have seen a lot more stupid calls and decisions made by other coaches this year...and for winning teams too.

Chilly is in a race in a car with a great engine, but one flat tire (no QB). And, he is still in the heat of the race.

I think the team chemistry is finally catching up to its talent level. Whether or not you attribute that to Chilly's coaching is up to you.

Me... I think he's just like his favorite project qb Tjack. As long each can manage the game without making any stupid mistakes, the team will keep winning. Neither one of them will be Pro-Bowlers any time soon.

I hope they both continue to do a good job of managing their positions, cuz the bottom line is ... THE VIKES ARE WINNING, AND LOOK GOOD DOING IT.

Don't forget that a lot of MN thought trading up to get T-Jack was a no-brainer and a great decision (at the time).

Just like getting AP was....

If I am remembering right, we were only beat by a lot of points once this year.

I think the team has grown a lot...so Chilly can now open the offense a little more. Our Special Teams and even our Offense Line still need more work though...and we pay our offense line a lot!

But, what will we do in the playoffs? Hard to tell. But, we are beating some good teams lately.

He's ok, but certainly not great. You have to remember that we ran the ball at will which took a lot of pressure off of T-Jack. I still see some really stupid penalties in the game. Ryan Cook and ? Duggan need to get their *$$& together!

This time of year those can really hurt. I'm thinking a well coached team shouldn't be making those mistakes at this point in the season. We'll see what happens when the game is tight and T-Jack has to make the big plays. I'm hoping he can.

Go Vikes !! ole

I think Chilly is improving as a coach. It appears that he is starting to learn to make better improvements and changes at halftime. Not completely sold on him yet, but am stating to lean more toward hoping he stays around for another year. will have to see how the last couple of weeks play out. There is definitely improvement there though.

chilly is improving thats for sure.

only one really terrible play call yesterday. (the pass on 1st down, up 21 in the red zone to chester taylor that he fumbled) we should have at that point been attacking the ground especially at that point on the field.

its been night and day difference though overall, he's finally apearing confident and the team sees it and is responding

How can it be a terrible play call? The play worked, Chester just needs to hold onto the ball.

I was glad to see a "take no prisioner" mentality. Early this year he coached the game in order not to lose. Now he is coaching to win and to stomp on the opponent when they are down.

If you want to win in the NFL you need to kick the guy when their down, and I think we kicked Arizona about 3 times while they were down.

How defeated did the cardinals look when they had us pinned at 2nd and 20 and then AP runs for 30. Now that has to hurt morale.

only one really terrible play call yesterday. (the pass on 1st down, up 21 in the red zone to chester taylor that he fumbled) we should have at that point been attacking the ground especially at that point on the field.

Wouldn't Chester have an equal chance to fumble even if we ran the ball? The problem was the fumble not the play call.

?? the play call made zero sense. you are up 21 against a team that has the best 1-2 punch of receivers in the NFL. its first and ten in the red zone. the more time runs off the clock the better. if you have a great run game, you wear em out and keep the high powered passing attack off the field. it may have worked minus the fumble but its definitely not the correct football move in that situation.

its basic football knowledge.

Mediocre at best! The team we beat yesterday was a mediocre team in a terrible division. We could have 6 extra wins playing those teams as well. The teams we have beat lately Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit and Jacksonville they are bad teams and Chicago is ok at best and don't tell me GB is ok because they stink right now. We are definitely one and done in the playoffs still.

I said the same thing when they passed the ball, but they do need to mix up the plays to make the run work!

i totally agree, but in that situation if he's gonna fumble it should have been on a run (if that makes sense) I'm all about mixing in the pass, but thats just not when you do it.

Mediocre at best! The team we beat yesterday was a mediocre team in a terrible division. We could have 6 extra wins playing those teams as well. The teams we have beat lately Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit and Jacksonville they are bad teams and Chicago is ok at best and don't tell me GB is ok because they stink right now. We are definitely one and done in the playoffs still.

you realize that if fat pas is healthy we match up favorably with almost everyone in the NFC playoff picture?

?? the play call made zero sense. you are up 21 against a team that has the best 1-2 punch of receivers in the NFL. its first and ten in the red zone. the more time runs off the clock the better. if you have a great run game, you wear em out and keep the high powered passing attack off the field. it may have worked minus the fumble but its definitely not the correct football move in that situation.

its basic football knowledge.

We ran the ball 72.1% of the plays. I think Arizona showed what happens when you are very one dimensional. That is also basic football knowledge.

It was a safe, short pass that had very little chance of turning over and does not become a turnover if Chester hangs on to the ball. Just like a running play. If it was 15 yard out pattern I would say you are right on the money. It was a screen pass that worked because Arizona was playing aggressive against the run you wanted.

The Vikings need a great coach. Something they have never had. Chilly is alright but not a playoff caliber type coach. Bud Grant was a playoff caliber type coach. Again not a great coach. Great coaches win Superbowls.