• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new led light idea

CrappieKiller01

went to "save big money at Menards" you know where today and found a 72 led light that is cordless. has 60 leds as a work light and also 17 as a flashlight on the end of it. came with a 120 volt charger, magnetic holder to mount to poles of fish house( attached a small pice of steel to the aluminum pole) and also a 12 volt cigarette lighter charger also. lasts up to 5 hours on one charge. tried it out tonight in my otter resort and it lighted up the whole house. Best thing is its only 12.99. just thought i would pass my idea along.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Loos15 got after me last night because I use the gas lantern instead of any LEDs. My reluctance is based around battery life. I fish a ton on nights when its below zero. I tend to do very well on those cold nights so I stay out long.

I just want a set that will light up the entire trap Yukon and not have battery issues 4-5 hours into a night of fishing. Any suggestions?

Ok Loos15 got after me last night because I use the gas lantern instead of any LEDs. My reluctance is based around battery life. I fish a ton on nights when its below zero. I tend to do very well on those cold nights so I stay out long.

I just want a set that will light up the entire trap Yukon and not have battery issues 4-5 hours into a night of fishing. Any suggestions?

Best king Kong with a spare vex battery, you won't burn them out in a weekend. Bring it home and charge and you're good again.

My UFO light hangs from the support bar in the top of my portable where it is warm. No battery life problems.

I use the 48LED UFO style and the 3 AA batteries last me all season. I do keep them in my jacket pocket when it is time to use them so the cold doesn't kill them. I also have the 72LED North Tool sells and that kicks off a lot of light. It is way better then dealing with the propane latern.

ok leds just started to go a lil dim now. had it on since 3:30pm and now at 9:15 it is finally dying off. anyway hooked the 12 volt power cord up and bam bright as it was when fully charged. hope this helps you out

Thanks a lot for the research/experiment CK01. I really appreciate it.

Is the light very bright? I want to find an LED solution that is a bit more reliable the the UFO type and does not require me to shop overseas... I have a UFO type, but in the cold the batteries are weakened and the darn thing turns on with the slighted bump. A bit too fuddly IMO.

ok leds just started to go a lil dim now. had it on since 3:30pm and now at 9:15 it is finally dying off. anyway hooked the 12 volt power cord up and bam bright as it was when fully charged. hope this helps you out

How did you hook up the lights to the 12volt vex battery? I am assuming the lights did not come with the appropriate terminal connections. Thanks!

no it did not com with the proper terminals. comes with the cigarette lighter. all i did is clipped that end of and put on some lil vex clip style connectors from wally world and it hooked right up. in my resort i have it on the back support pole that is over my head ( drilled two holes in the holder and zip tied it). this way gives me plenty of light in my modified resort house to see whats in the sled and also plenty of light for on the ice.