• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canada Fishing trip, when and where?

I know a few who head to Donnelly's, and all seem to like the services they provide. Ill drop you a PM later with acouple of places on Rainy. Both you and Paul live in South Dakota come to Canada to fish, contray, I head to South Dakota every fall to hunt. Wish I had more time to fish during the summer though... Where abouts in South Dakota you guys live?

jerkin, Im sure your 4 year old will enjoy the trip. Spring time lake trout, its a blast.

Anyone else heading up this way this year?

I live in the far western part of the state 20 miles east fo Rapid city. I hunt antelope and deer up in the northwest corner, Harding County on private land. I fish Ontario in the spring and big Winnie in late Sept so why mess around here? Guess those two trips spoil me. Where is it that YOU hunt and what do ya hunt?

I'll be heading up the the Manitou with my 17 year old son on his first trip to Canadia. We'll be staying at Matt's Camp Manitou in his Outpost cabin from June 3-10 - can't wait.

Hey Prov 1900, my dad's side of the family is all from the Tecumseh area - go Huskers!

I hunt for deer around Murdo/Kadoka, mainly Mule Deer but at times see some nice whitetails. Enjoyable hunt. This will be our 10th season this November. Last year was a fun hunt, went right after the big snow storm that had nearly 4 feet of snow and knocking off the power poles much of the area. The heavy snows actually made for a good hunt.

Similar-Great dates to hit the bass up on the beds most years on the Manitou hugh? Hope the trip goes well

Prov-I tried to send ya a PM on Rainy but seems I cant send one to you or I am just computer dumb?? For rules I can not post on this public forum. Drop me a email if you want and Ill galdly reply to your email with some feedback.

Any more people heading up this way?

My dad an I will be heading to Minaki chasing muskies the last week of July for the second year in a row. Had a fun trip last year and with the cooler water temps the bigger pike were hanging out in musky territory. Little warmer water would be nice though, we saw 38 or 40 degrees on the truck thermometer driving north last year - bit cool for late july!

Hoping to make a second trip around september but that is gonna be tricky with a very busy work schedule this year.

Fun hearing about all the stories from my home state of South Dakota. Though I have a very different opinion of the fishing as I will be spending a week in NE SD the first week of may. Every species you want to catch with minimal boat traffic.

every year we take a annual trip to lake quesnel. We catch a TON of fish, large walleyes up to 30 3\4 inches last year and a few pike. the smallmouth fishing is phenominal! we hit the rocks on sunny days when the walleyes turn off and we cast everything from bobbers and leeches to meps #2 last year we landed over 10 28"+ fish. My grandpa caught the largest smallie record for us last year with a whopping 23"! Man that thing was huge! i recommend this lake to those who love to fish walleye and bass.

Debo-That weather always can surprise a person. July is normally a warm month, but in Canada you never know. Ive seen it snow in every month of the year. Hope you run into the muskie pigs this summer on your trip.

panfish-Sounds like you got a good annual trip by the sounds of it. I am not familiar with Quesnel Lake, must be off to the east of our area?

Anyone else heading up this way?

We are getting some spring weather the last acouple of days, above freezing temps helping melt away snow with rain showers. However, looks like the temps will drop below freezing with snow coming back into the forcasts.

are group will be headed up to Winoga Lodge on Abrams and Minitaki for our yearly trip. Cant wait to chase those big pike and lakers, smallies and walleyes. Come on June

splatteman-Warning...First trip to Canada. Good chance you'll be "hooked" and will have to make a 2nd, 3rd....trips. You should enjoy your first time to Canada very well.

GRH-Keep Hope your trip also goes well too.

Matt-2 days ago went to Dryden with a load of "stuff". Snow was still way to deep, got stuck in the drive way and needed to carry everything up to the buildings. Will wait to let the snow melt alittle more before going back. I noticed you got a good special going on by a recent post. Guys, if your looking for a good boat in resort and dont have your trip set up yet, Outfitter's offer should be considered.

Did two ice fishing trips to Superbee's outpost on Pipestone this winter and had great fishing, and one trip to his Off Lake cabins where we also did excellent. Headed up again to Off Lake for a 4-day weekend over Memorial Day for trout, walleyes, and crappies, and then headed back up to Pipestone for the second week of August at a private camp where we'll mostly fish muskies, with walleyes and trout mixed in. Can't wait!

NoWiser, Sounds like you have an addiction to the Pipestone area. Its good to hear, hope your trips this summer go as well as your winter trips with Gateway North did. Have you been up just in the last acouple of weeks or did your winter trips earily this winter?

Down to Earth, Hope your trip also goes well to Lac Seul this June.

L&M, we were up the second week of January this year, which was when we had the best fishing, but it was bitter cold and slush everywhere. We went up towards the end of February and hit more cold weather, but conditions were absolutely perfect for travel, and we were able to explore many of the lakes up there. I think I hit 8 different ones on that trip alone. The last time I was up was the middle of March. You are right, I'm addicted to that area. Thinking about my next trip up there is what gets me through every day at work.

Magnum Mike, I'll let you know how the fishing is. Last year over Memorial Weekend we really struggled for walleyes and trout, but hit the best crappie fishing of my life the last day. I've got a few new ideas for chasing trout, so I'm looking forward to giving them a shot. Hopefully the walleyes are a little more active too, if we get a little warmer spring.

For the third straight year, a group of us (6 this time) are going to Tomahawk Resort in Sioux Narrows. This place is first class all the way. The first two years we stayed in one of their cabins, and rented 2 18' 90hp Lunds and went out fishing everyday. This year we elected to rent a houseboat and are dragging the boats behind us. We did a houseboat trip 4 years ago but that was on Rainy Lake. Lots of fun but the equipment was not well maintained and the fishing has proven to be much better on LOTW. We're going up June 13-20 and it can't come soon enough.

Will be headed back to Gullrock Lake the first week in June. Almost to the point of packing but not quite yet. Will be the first trip for my 9 year old with the guys.

TonyO.

Thats pretty impressive trip you had last year James. Some nice eyes.

Welcome aboard to FM Tonyo. Hope you enjoy what FM has to offer, most of us are pretty friendly around here. Good to hear your breaking in the young one to Canada. Keep the traditions alive right there. Its never too earily to start packing.....

cygnus, when you find a place you like, might as well keep going back.

Hope all your trips go well. Anyone else heading up this way to catch some fish?

Making 2 trips this summer, both flying out of Rainy. We go about the same time every year and have great fishing, one right after the opener and one in late June. 8 guys on the first trip and 4-6 on the second trip. Looking at taking the wives up in the early fall for a 3rd trip this year. We have flown with the same outfitter for 20+ years and could not be happier with her service, camp conditions and quality of fishing on each lake. Don't know the rules on the site that well so I won't mention the service.

Everyone enjoy the fishing this summer!

cm1977, Thanks for sharing, I know exactly which place your going in with flying off Rainy since you used "her" service. She runs a really good outfit. Im sure she'll be happy to have you up a 3rd trip with the wives too. If you wanted to change things up trying a new lake we offer "couples" trip 1/2 price to the wives on our fly ins.