• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Was up at my cabin on Big Round last weekend. I did not fish but spent a lot of time outside. Many trucks on the lake. They looked like boats when they drove across with a large spray and splash behind them. The ice was pulling away from the north shore by about 6 ft. I would imagine with this weeks warm weather and rain the access may be a little tough. I am sure the ice will be safe if you can get off the shore.

I fished the last four days and have been driving on. There is a lot of water near the landings but they are still firm...that is until tonite as it is raining. If I were you, I would start carrying a plank and wear boots that you can walk in 4-6 inches of water soon.

Hey...its that time of year! Yes Balsam is usually the last lake we walk in to. I expect another 2 weeks of fishing for sure.

Went on Big Round Tuesday and there was a vehicle in the water, but it was by the river mouth. I surmise, someone was coming off late in the day..ran into a little fog an thought they were headed for the landing...they missed it by an 8th of a mile and now the vehicle is sitting with just the roof sticking out.

Fished today...went to Big Round Lake...they are still driving on with vehicles although I sure wouldn't. Used my four wheeler.

Went to Clam Lake (Siren)...a few idiots are driving on there too....lots of fisherman..fish are cooperating.

You have to either have tall boots or waders if you are going to try and walk on.