• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wisconsin Point Walleye!

Anyone else had a chance to try this out? I had 1 great night, 1 fair and 1 poor. Late bite between 7:30 and 10:30 pm. Some nice fish, Poutslayer had the biggest eye he has ever had on threw the ice straighten out a treble hook on his hawger 2000.
Im trying it again tonight and Ill report back.

Well we got 4 between 17.5 and 20" tonight. A 10 pound pout too! If its nice Wed I may be sick! I will be out Thurs - Sun nights for sure. As long as the wind keeps the ice there Ill fish it. 26 ft. seems to be the ticket. 30 was slow. I wonder if a guy did 20 how he would do? Keep me posted on your plans.

I will be out there tonight, Didnt make it last night i was afraid of the howling wind. I talked to a group of guys who fished 20' on Sat. and they only had 2 fish. We will be walking out around 6 o clock

Looks like the wind could be just as bad as last night. I have to work. Boo hoo! 1st time in 10 days so I cant cry too much.
I will hit it Thurs. - Sun. nights though.
Maybe Ill see ya out there.

The fish are still biting but much less agressive. 26ft.- 30 ft. seems to be best. Late bite still 7:30- 10:30 pm. Bobber line is starting to produce more and glow spoons barely jigged are still working.
Bring your ice cleats and ice anchors. Not much snow left and the wind will take your house for a ride if its not anchored.

northlander,
I think I might go to Nebagamon on Saturday because my daughter wants to go and my wife is alittle worried about me taking her out on the big lake.

------------------
I'm Jar Jar and I'm I.B.O.T #38

[This message has been edited by JAR JAR (edited 03-19-2003).]

I dont know its a long ride for no fish! I can get crazy around here cheaper and safer I think. If I thought I could get a batch of fish I would go. I have had poor luck up there this year. 3 trips and a total of 9 fish! Boo hoo I know.
Im headed back out to the point again tonoght and see how my rain gear works out.

Putz was taking alot of pictures up there but he said that he didnt know how to download them.
boy that would be real incriminating for the both of us grin.gif
By the way I will be at Lake nebagamon on Saturday

ooops I was supposed to take that off for this forum.
What it means International Brotherhood of Triangulists up on URL.
You should come up to a meeting at the Temple of West winds some weekend grin.gif

Boy, the options really are dizzying when you live by the big lake, 365 days a year you can fish in or around it for something.

Makes me wish sometimes I'dve been able to stay there a little longer. Would have liked to do more on the lake itself and get into some of those Brule River trout!

Some day. And it's not like I moved to the concrete jungle, or anything. grin.gif

JAR JAR: Big Bird in a nose ring? I'd pay money to see that foto.

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 03-24-2003).]

Only talked to 1 guy who caught a walleye. That was out of a dozen groups. Is it over? The ice is getting soft with the warm weather but the wind continues to keep it in. How long do you think it will stay? How much more fishing is there?

Well I was thinkin of going out during the week but I think with the west winds and the ice breaker working the lake the fishing might be done for the ice season.
Oh well,time to get the waders out and the steelhead rod.

Jar Jar

You had to be there!
He clamped the big one and brought tears to his eyes grin.gif Therewas was so much clamping going on it was turning into a clamping frenzy grin.gif

hey scat, you still have a Wisc. license, why dont you come down for opener on the Brule for the day either saturday or sunday

Jar Jar