• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

97 s-10 intake leak

BK19

i have a 97 s-10 pickup 4.3 W engine the lower intake leaks anti freeze out of the left front corner my qeustion is how do i get that bracket off that the air con pump and power steering pump bolt onto i can get it loose but not off do i have to take the power steering pump off first thanks

Common problem, fixed it on my blazer a couple years ago. I believe that you got to remove the power steering pump pulley to get at the last bolt to remove the pump, and then the bracket. I don't remember anything weird with the ac pump except you pretty much just want the pump un atached from the bracket and set aside to get the bracket off. Other than that its smooth sailing. Just remember to use the silicone for the end seals on the manifold and follow it up 1/4" onto the gaskets on each side front and back. Maybe a good time to slap a new water pump on there since your in there too, much easier when its all apart.

Don't remove the pump. Once all the bolts are loose/off the bracket will slide forward enough with the pump still attached to replace the gasket. Make sure you have the bolts/nuts off on the very bottom of the bracket. There is also one behind the pump that needs to be loosened but not removed. Thats the one that is probably holding you up.

Also there is no need to pull the upper plenum off to replace the lower intake gasket. That will save you a little bit of time!