• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Twins 57 Fan

Hard Water Walleyes!

Might be nice to see what everyone is using to trick these hard water Walleyes! Post what you used (lure, color, bait), structure, depth, and the area of the state you were fishing.

Good Fishing to all!

Only walleye I pulled in all year was in 8 feet of water off of a weed edge on a metro lake. 7:30 p.m. with a gold swedish pimple and a crappie minnow.

Somebody has to beat that!

Sorry Twins 57. I've been on the ice twice chasing the eyes and the closest I got was marking some fish on my sonar under my bait!! :0

~piker

I was on Winnie 3 days this week. Monday was gangbusters!!! A small orange/gold northanld forage minnow spoon and a minnow head. They were smoking it on the drop. From 2:45 to 4 pm, 12 'eyes, with 6 keepers and 3 bonus perch.

Tuesday...4 guys, 21 'eyes in the bucket with the about the same amount released, plus 8 bonus perch.

Tonight, the fish won, 3 guys and maybe 15 'eyes caught with 5 keepers and a couple perch. Fish were there, lots of "sniffers", but this front coming in shut them down.

Fishing mid lake humps in about 20' of water.

great fishing! bet stories about that get passed down generations.

yesterday, we opted for a lake near annandale because it was a closer walk. fished the weed to sand transition in about 19 or 20fow.

it was the breakdown trip for this winter. everything worked great except i left my flasher & camera plugged in on the work bench...hahaha. just used my buddies to get located and my h2o/lakemaster. my buddy caught the first one, a 18" muskie on his dead stick. then i caught a little smaller northern jigging with a rattle spoon & minnow head. jigging without a flasher is very difficult... it didnt matter though. i had one take my dead stick out but there was nothing there...about 5:30 or 6 my deadstick went down again in a classic walleye bite. that turned into a fat 23-1/4" and made the whole trip. we didnt catch any others but saw a guy get one on a tip up close by that was about the same size. i put down two dead sticks after that and gave up on jigging. ya know, its pretty nice to sit back, smoke a cigar and just watch the bobbers...

im still planning on mille lacs. it just has to have enough ice to drive my f150 to were i want to fish. that may be pretty soon.

regards,

minnesotatuff

I'm usually pretty loyal to the buckshots for the eyes but have had most of this year's success on an eye-dropper. Cherry red has been the go-to for me. My friend's been doing well with his Lindy Rattler. 1 of my most overused jigs for the deadstick is a #6 cherry red doodle bug. I've relied on them for many years. They at times have had a shorter shelf lives. But when it comes to having a few fish being responsible that's not a bad thing!

Twins 57, I have some relatives up there in Shakopee and thought it would be nice to take a weekend sometime soon to visit & possibly slip in some ice fishing. Any recommendations around that way?

So far i've only iced two eyes this year both being about 8-10 inches in the metro fishing in about 12 FOW. Both took on the bobber genz worm set up fishing for crappies

If your looking for 'eyes this way they can be tough to come by.

Prior is a good lake.

Minnetonka is the best we got.

Carls used to be good bet hasn't been great as of late.

My reccomendation would be to target crappies on these same waters. When you coming up? I can give you a reprt closer to whenever that is and point you where I have been.

Has anyone ever gotten more than 1 here and 1 there on Carls? I always seem to get 1 or 2 a season fishing Carls. But since the size quality on the crappies bottomed out I havent spent much time fishing out there.

the two eyes i caught on saturday night were out of carls and people in my group got two others friday night but nothing worth any size, there out there though

Good luck