• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TEAM WILD ICE HOUSE BY OTTER OUTDOORS

Well I finally got out and put the new house to the test.

I got the Team Wild Two and after sitting in it, in the garage for the last couple of weeks we got her on the ice.

The first thing I noticed was how light it was for a two man house. There seemed to be a big difference in the wieght.

Another thing that really stuck out was how nice it was to have a bench seat. My old house had the hard plastic seats and it was nice to have something with a little cushion to it.The flip up bench is a nice and handy option it makes getting to the things you need in the sled much easier.

Once we got our hole's open and got to fishing it was nice to see the amount of room that we had to work with after our heater was set up, the minnow pail was in, and the rod's where in the holes.

I installed the Hyfax runners on this house and boy does it make a diffenece when you are pulling the house by hand.

If you are thinging about installing them do it you won't regret it.

I will be giving it a big test this weekend, I'm taking my six year old daughter and her friend out fishing for sunnies.

Sifty

Great tip Sifty! smile

I put some miles on my Team Wild this weekend and it worked out great wink

3148236767_ec048c0c01_o.jpg

As some may have seen, I had a mod'ed sled with very nice individual seats in it last year. I have to say I love the bench seat way better:

3148250875_9347b4f601_o.jpg

You can literally kick back and be relaxed. I all most caught my self falling a sleep during the Vikes game and after the lunch my partner prepared for the day grin

A little example:

3148259007_f2342d0fb5_o.jpg

I could of taken a nap, very easy grin! Butt!! Fishing had to be done wink.

All in all, it was a great day and the Team Wild made it as such! We moved about 4 times (very easy), caught some perch and loved the style windows the Team Wild has (Velcro pull down). Set-up and take down is very quick.

I was a round pole type guy, but the Team Wild has turned me into a square pole guy now. I found no more issues with the square pole, verses the round. Plus for set up, they are spring loaded wink.

By weeks end, we will put some more miles on her wink

Can you buy the shell and tubing separate from the sled and bench seat? I was thinking about breaking up the purchase and the WILD sled is about half the price of the Otter II medium sled. I know you can buy the Otter shell separate from the sled, it would be nice to purchase it in a few steps.

The Wild houses are sold only as packages. Im pretty sure a Wild skin and poles will not work on a regular Otter sled anyways.

Once you break up a package you really lose value. I would recomend paying the extra for the tub and bench seat. Or order a new Otter Ice Series skin and poles for your Otter Tub. That would probably make the most sense and be the msot cost effective.

The Wild houses are sold only as packages. Im pretty sure a Wild skin and poles will not work on a regular Otter sled anyways.

Once you break up a package you really lose value. I would recomend paying the extra for the tub and bench seat. Or order a new Otter Ice Series skin and poles for your Otter Tub. That would probably make the most sense and be the msot cost effective.

I don't own an Otter sled, i was just wondering if i bought the Wild sled alone i could buy the skin and bench later.

The Team Wild sleds are different than the regular Otter 2 sleds. They are basically the same except for the angles where the trim on the canvas attaches to the sled. The Team Wild sleds are actually the old Polar sleds that otter had before they came out with the Otter 2.

I believe the question that you had was will the regular Otter canvas fit on the Team Wild sleds??? I am not sure but my buddy has an Otter 2 that I might try to put on my Team Wild sled to see if it will go on. I will post if I do try this today.