• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
tunrevir

Swedish potatoe sausage

Anyone have a good recipe for swedish potatoe sausage? I am looking to make up a batch with venison trimmings. Thanks!

Tunrevir~

Here are two. They are similar, so you could pick and choose spices to taste.... I like the addition of some beef with the pork as in the first one, so maybe the venison would work well here. The use of powdered milk is for moisture. The reference to a mixer is a meat mixer, the vats that have cranks and forks that mix meat.....I don't use a mixer, but mix it with my hands.

Swedish Potato Sausage

1 Onion, medium size, cut up

1 tb Salt

1 1/2 ts Ground black pepper

1 ts Allspice

6 Potatoes, pared & cut up (6 -cups)

12 tb Non-fat dry milk

2 cups Water

1 1/2 lb Lean boneless beef

1 lb Lean boneless pork

Grind all the meat, potatoes, and onions thru a 3/8” grinder plate and place in a mixer. Add all the other ingredients with the water and mix well. After this procedure, regrind thru the 3/8” grinder plate again.

Stuff into hog casings 38-40 MM.This sausage is a very perishable product. It is best kept when frozen.This sausage may be served fried, baked, or broiled. Keep in refrigerator in container and covered with water.

Scandinavian Potato Sausage

5 Lb ground pork shoulder

5 Lb ground raw potatoes

4 Tbsp salt

1 Tbsp garlic salt

5 Lb ground round

3 Lg onions ground or fine chop

2 Tbsp black pepper

Combine ingreds. and mix well. Stuff in casings. Makes about 17 lb. Freeze in 1 or 2 lb. pkgs.When ready to cook, place sausage in skillet in water to cover. Cook slowly until water is all cooked down and sausage

browns in its own juice.

Thanks thirdeye, I am looking to make up a batch with my venison trimmings, those recipes are exactly what I was looking for. I use the fancy 300.00 mixer I bought my wife for x-mas a few years ago to mix the meat and the spices but still mix large batches by hand. Thanks again!

Tunrevir~

1 lb beef

1/2 lb pork

1/2 lb pork fat

5 large potatoes

1 Lg. onion

1/2 tsp white pepper

1/2 tsp black pepper

2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp allspice

1/4 tsp nutmeg

1 clove garlic

1/4 tsp mace

Grind all meats with spices coarse,cover & refridgerate.

boil taters till almost done

run taters,garlic & onion through a finer grind. Mix with meat stuff. then boil in chicken broth till cooked.Eat or freeze.

Good sounding recipe there Sparcebag. I just picked up the taters tonight and am thnking with the cold temps it might be time to fire up the grinder and make some up. Anyone ever smoke these at all? I have seen where guys made this that I know and the taters started to turn greyish. Is the key to mostly cook the taters, cool them and get them stuffed right away? Thanks!

Tunrevir~