• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Private Acces Legal or Illegal

Neiko

So what are we trying to say here that a resort should only be able to charge for access onto the lake? Not the use of the road? How would you get off the lake? Pay again? What if the resorts did not plow roads then if they were all just PUBLIC roads once on the Ice ?

So what are we trying to say here that a resort should only be able to charge for access onto the lake? Not the use of the road? How would you get off the lake? Pay again? What if the resorts did not plow roads then if they were all just PUBLIC roads once on the Ice ?

It isn't a question of whether a resort "should" only be able to charge for access and not the road, they legally "can't" charge someone for using the road. It's public property.

One doesn't have to access a road via the resort. I drive across the lake often and come upon roads and sure I'll take advantage of the fact that it's there. Who wouldn't? There's not a $#*$ thing they can do about it either. Now, if I should try to leave the lake using their access point, then it's a different ballgame. Not only can they charge me to do so, they can legally prevent me from doing so if they so choose because I would be trespassing if I do so without their permission. Once I'm on their property, I'm on a private road but out on the lake it's public and legally available to all.

Bob

I hope you were doing some serious drinking and typing here.

Always amazes me; $40,000 truck, $15,000 wheel house, $5,000 in ice gear $200 boots, $100 in beer and $20 bucks in McDonalds wrappers but the road fee is outrageous.

Now that is funny........ but very true minnesota land of 10,000 whiners_________________________

Quote:
because plow drivers have been known to plow in shacks that are near their roads. It is wrong, but I don't think there is any kind of law against it

It's very illegal it's called Fishermen Harassment. You can be ticketed for this type of action.

I'll never forget the guy from Breakers had one of his Ice-men plow my friends house in on Mille Lacs my friend lives a few doors down from them and pulls his house out from his OWN property.

I always pay for the common sense reasons listed above.