• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

gorilla winch

bgmny

A buddy of mine is trying to save a few bucks on a winch for his new sportsman. He is looking at a Gorilla brand winch. I have only used the Warn winch and don't have any experience with the other brand. Anyone have one and have any comments on it?

Some say they are fine, but I don't know. I wouldn't trust it myself. Who knows though, it may last him many years. For what they cost, you could try one out and throw it away next year.

I would go with a Viper from motoalliance for a knock off winch.

I purchased one of their winches, but I bought it off of an internet auction site. It is the same company but they run lower prices there.

I bought the 2500XT and the mounting bracket. They also have a top notch customer service department.

This is my first winch and all that I am using it for is plowing, but it is working well for me.

They are a company based out of Minneapolis and I think that is a plus too.

If it's something that's not going to be used frequently I think he'll be happy with the Gorilla. If he's looking for a winch for a plow that will be used routinely, he should probably spring for the tried and trusted Warn.

They have a lifetime warranty and a very good reputation for customer service. But if it falls apart when you're stuck in the middle of nowhere...I wouldn't hesitate to get one for the few times we really need one.